I Want One of those Tablet Thingies

unit731

I hate Apple. Sorry to all you Apple fans. I don't like iTunes taking over my computer.

So I am looking for one of those tablet things simiiar to the iPad but not an iPad.

What is out there that is any good?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate Apple. Sorry to all you Apple fans. I don't like iTunes taking over my computer.

So I am looking for one of those tablet things simiiar to the iPad but not an iPad.

What is out there that is any good?

Wait a few months. There are not many options and they are not as good and/or same price as an iPad. Many more Android based tablet PC's will come on the market this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder what sort of tablet the Ying-gov plans to dole out? Bet it's a local Thai made device, currently under wraps, to be built and sold by Shin-tab with lots of government funding to create lots of Mc-jobs and become the tablet hub, all part of the master plan to be the hub of hubs. Wonder what they will call it? Bet they choose i-Thai, well right up until such time as Rome complains of course, then what, Thai-Tab, sounds a bit pill popperish - maybe they'll name it after their saviour and call it the Thaklet. What's the betting they will add super cartoon sound effects triggered as you walk around holding it so you can feel like you are inside your very own Thai soap.

She said she wanted to give EVERY student a tablet PC and showed up at a press coference with the latest top model iPad. Of course, if the students ever get a tablet PC, it is certain to be a Chinese rip off version. Plus she said something about distributing one million of them. There are a helluva lot more students in Thailand than one million. :hmmm:

She also said free Wifi for every student. How is that supposed to work up country?

Archived