I Want One of those Tablet Thingies

unit731

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most schools in Bangkok - maybe all - have a computer room. There will be half a dozen or more PCs in them, usually with a teacher assigned to teach how to use them. I saw this well before 2005. I don't recall any promise for individual students. Just what are the students supposed to do with them anyway? If any tablet PCs are given out, expect them to be the hottest item to steal. Won't be long before they are being sold cut rate in Panthip and elsewhere.

Most schools in Bangkok - maybe all - have a computer room. There will be half a dozen or more PCs in them, usually with a teacher assigned to teach how to use them. I saw this well before 2005. I don't recall any promise for individual students. Just what are the students supposed to do with them anyway? If any tablet PCs are given out, expect them to be the hottest item to steal. Won't be long before they are being sold cut rate in Panthip and elsewhere.

Tablet PC are for consumption (reading, listening, watching, playing), NOT for productivity. You can't really write long texts, work with images e.g.

A subnotebook for the same price would be much better IMHO.

Archived