Whats going to happen on suk between 3 and 5

Ckrisg

I think The Landmark has bought the Nailert Building and the Foodland Building. Same owner - I used to rent from them for a bar above Foodland. Heard it will be redeveloped as a hotel with Foodland included.

You will notice as all the leases expire the businesses are closing.

Heard also they bought around as far as the Beer Garden in Soi 7 which will close shortly. That does not seem correct though as none on the businesses between Soi 5 and 7 are closing.

Cheers' date='

Mark[/quote']

What is happening to the food court across from the beer garden?

AFAIK it stays.

Cheers,

Mark

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Amari on Soi 5 supposedly has an option on the Beergarden property. Their own open air beergarden backs up to it.

They reportedly had planned to exercise that option last year and build a new parking garage/shopping area but put the plans on hold with the uprising; good chance it will happen next year.

Of course, this is all third hand info.

Guest HonoluluJimmy

NOTHING,

I suppose there will be an expanse of Soi Arab and all the freelancers will be stuffing their body cavities out of protection of Middle Easter proclivities! I don't like the bier garten nor the hustle along the stree up to the place from soi 3 etc. At night the Amir door on that side has extra security due to the problems with FL's

I love Morning Night and the J.W.

Guest HonoluluJimmy

That means hashish and cocaine sales. or so says the demographics of the incararees in Thaiand.

All I want is Kamagra and my room at the J.W.

Guest HonoluluJimmy

I hope the discontinue that food bar. I often go there for some wine and the people are really creepy....

Foodland and Beergarden are the two places I visit on each trip to BKK. Please don't tell me that they are going away.

I remember the beer garden with the canvas roof. When it rained water would come through all parts of place - even sitting at the bar. Loved the ambience. Reminded me of my war years in RVN.

Please - I can't take change at all. I still go to Gullivar's on Friday nights when in BKK. No one has shown up in a very long time though.

Archived