Texas Lone Staar Closing on the 29th

cavanami

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HonoluluJimmy
What is going to take it place?

I heard that all of Washington Square was going to be replaced with a large hotel. Might be wrong though. I know the rumour has been going on for a while but I was told it is a done deal this time.

Anyone know for sure?

cheers,

Mark[/quote

yes, it will be Soi Arab and the Irish bar is already bringing in the IRA brom Dublin...

I was looking for that bar last year in October but got lost on the wrong side of the soi across the street,I was looking for Mekong Kurt,I had something to give him from an old friend that has passed on,I hope he will find a new place to hang out and I will eventually be able to find him next time I'am in Bangkok.

Kurt has been back in Cowboy land for the last few months and not sure when (if) he will return.

>What's Dean Barrett going to do with his heroes now?

...don't forget Chris Moore and his character, Calvino...maybe move on to the NNB :dunno:

A mate of mine (a reliable source) has confirmed to me about the closing of the Texas Lonestar.

He also told me that the Cats Meow has already closed and that the Silver Dollar has another 6 months.

So it looks like WS will be no more soon, which is a real shame as it was one of my preferred places to hang out, especially daytime / early evening. :sad:

It does rather sound as if the whole of the WS area really is ready for the dozer. It's certainly looked ripe for such for a long time. Regularly drink in the corner bar, 65Bt beer all night, is that Denny's? Think they currently have the worlds oldest BG.

LK mentioned in another thread that the ownership suggested nothing much could change but sounds awfully like a change is coming sooner rather than later.

Archived