ATT: NEWBIES..... "Private Dancer"

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

First, you make it absolutely clear that you consider your own "senile outbursts" as the only "facts" that are worthy of being discussed here; and second, then you bridle at anyone other than you using the terms "upper class" and "lower class." Jeez, it's no wonder that so many Thais just shake their heads in disgust at the kind of foreigners this place seems to attract.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have to make a case before resting it. you hurled insults again and chicken out of a potentially interesting discussion.

and by the way, i have read my posts again. i could not find me bridling against you using the terms "high class" and "low class", it was against you going a bit too far with unfounded personal insults.

i have said in my post, and will again:

>so, if you are the old hand you claim to be, then talk sense and put up a post, where we "backpackers" and "low class farangs" can learn something.<

Zane,

Just my two cents worth, but I'm sick to death of hearing this crap about how you have to learn colloquial Thai and hang out in dirt-poor villages to know 'the real Thailand'. The guy who smugly annouced above that he doesn't much like hanging out with so-called 'upper class Thais' probably doesn't have a lot of difficulty avoiding the problem. In my experience, most of the people he's talking about would no doubt break into a trot in the opposite direction at the first sight of him.

One of the oddest things about Thailand is this obsession by 'lower class' farangs that only they are in touch with the real place since they've gone upcountry and pissed in the same field as their hooker girlfriend's water buffalo. Chula and the Emporium and nice high-rise apartments and the Polo Club --- and a lot of other places where you find these 'upper class' Thais the backpackers so love to sneer at --- are as much 'the real Thailand' as upcountry villages are. If they're more your style, don't let the 'lower class' snobs put you down.

yeah,

songmak

i am lucky to know one real old hand. he has been born nearly 80 years ago in colonial india, spent not more than a decade in europe, that was while he was in school.

even during the war he fought in the asian scenario.

that is the only real old hand i have came across in my years in asia.

ROFLMAO is the right answer. but somehow i should be charmed, i have a stalker now, he also attacked me on nanapong, LOL!

Hey Fellows...

I would love to channel some of this energy and experience into replies to my latest post - Expat, Half-Pat? in General Discussion. It deals with the decision or process of going expat.

But continue to duke it out here by all means.

Kapun krap,

Zane

Archived