Warning to expats

sinsin2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contagion is spreading.

IMO it is unstoppable.

US$ is dead in the water.

I advise all retirees to convert at least 50% of their cash into gold.

SS2

I've been watching this contagion for 12 years now. It's more like a slow moving fungus. I agree it is past the point of no return. I think

50% is low, 75% would be more prudent.

I fully agree with You.

1 said 50% in order not to scare off readers.

Technically, the U.S. is already bankrupt because it has a debt that is almost four times the size of its economy, the U.S. is at risk of hyperinflation as the US continues to fall further into debt what will the outcome be? Neither spending more nor taxing less will help the country pay its bills.

What about virtual currency?

"Prisoners at a labor camp in northeast China were forced by guards to play online games in a moneymaking scheme, a former prisoner has told The Guardian.

The scheme, a practice referred to among gamers as “gold farming,†required some 300 prisoners at the Jixi labor camp to gather currency (usually by repeating monotonous tasks) in multiplayer games such as World of Warcraft and Everquest, which the guards then hawked online for cash."

http://mashable.com/2011/05/26/china-virtual-currency-market/

I have been in and out of Thailand a lot for the past 15 years.

IMF ..Baht collapse.

Dot Com millionaires.

BKK full of USA retirees...Day traders.

Now replaced by Arabs and Africans.

$ is collapsing.

Protect yourself..the few who are left.

What I don't understand is why is it the conception that if the USA fails as an economic power, the rest of the world does ... the great depression was not a world wide event ... nor will the demise of the USA as an economic power result in the end of the world :beer:

Archived