Warning to expats

sinsin2

Link

The chart above shows three categories of federal debt.

1. Monetized debt (blue), i.e., federal debt bought by the Federal Reserve System

2. Debt held by the federal government (red) e.g., as IOUs for Social Security

3. Other debt (green), i.e., debt in public hands, including foreign governments.

As you can see, though in USD amounts certainly the current debt is unprecedented, but as you can see, as percent of GDP, it is only approaching the level seen after WWII.

Wasn’t the 2 decades after WWII a period of the greatest growth the world as ever seen?

Go ahead and buy gold at the highest price it has ever been. Sounds like a great investment to me. And besides, if the world collapses, you can use to weigh yourself down when you jump off a bridge.

TH

I fully agree with You.

1 said 50% in order not to scare off readers.

Technically, the U.S. is already bankrupt because it has a debt that is almost four times the size of its economy, the U.S. is at risk of hyperinflation as the US continues to fall further into debt what will the outcome be? Neither spending more nor taxing less will help the country pay its bills.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys.

I hope some of you took my advice.

The US has completely lost it.

Look at Greenspans interview yesterday.

The printing presses are in full throttle.

Even the Bansters JP Morgan admitting $2,500 within a year.

To Thaihome ( You flog houses..stick to tricking tourists...this was advice to US expats...you have discredited yourself and your business)and to the rest of the sheep....I wish you and yours the best.

Dump your $ quickly or you will end up in Detroit. :blink:

Agree, the US dollar is done.

Too many problems and nothing positive being done to get things corrected.

US housing market, crap.

Unemployment, sky high!

Finding a good job, about impossible!!

Idiots at the Fed, keep printing worthless paper!!!

Idiots in the US gov, refuse to deal with the problem(s) to get things corrected...and on and on and on...

Hi Guys.

I hope some of you took my advice.

The US has completely lost it.

Look at Greenspans interview yesterday.

The printing presses are in full throttle.

Even the Bansters JP Morgan admitting $2,500 within a year.

To Thaihome ( You flog houses..stick to tricking tourists...this was advice to US expats...you have discredited yourself and your business)and to the rest of the sheep....I wish you and yours the best.

Dump your $ quickly or you will end up in Detroit. :blink:

I have no problem admitting that investing in gold back in May would have been a good investment. JP Morgan’s forecast for hitting $2,500 seems not unlikely as people continue to try and find decent returns . Certainly it has done better then over that period then my mix of stocks and bonds which have taken a 2% hit over the same period, which has eaten into my over 30% past year return.

No doubt your advice to invest a significant amount into gold was sound considering what the price has done over that period, my issue continues to be with the doomsday prophecies and that gold is somehow going to protect you in that scenario. If you had put forth a rational argument that gold was going to continue an upward trend because of a combination of demand from India and China as well as refuge in a time of high volatility in the markets then I would have had no issues with your advice.

Now, can you answer the question I asked in Post #16? “Do people really think that if paper money were to truly collapse that having a piece of paper saying they own gold bullion in a vault somewhere or even having the gold bullion in hand is going to help them somehow? “

Gold is simply a commodity; the price is driven by supply and demand. If the world economy collapses and paper money becomes worthless, a few pounds of gold are not going to do you any more good in surviving the initial chaos then a few pounds of copper or cement. You will need heavy weapons and lots of ammunition if you expect to survive. :rolleyes: Telling people to buy it because the world as we know it is going to end is not good advice and makes you sound like a nutter. :spin:

I have no idea what your personal attack about me flogging houses and tricking tourist was all about. I have been an expat working on full MNC packages in the O&G business in Asia for 15 years, using Thailand as my base for most of that time. Can’t remember the last time I actually spoke to a tourist, much less “tricked†one. :dunno:

But again, I have no problem with the advice to buy into a gold mutual fund or other investment vehhicle to take advantage of the price increases. :wink:

TH

A few trinkets of gold will buy you food when the paper money

completely dies, that is the advantage of having a bit of physical

gold in your pocket, or even silver.

Not a nutter, just looking at the facts and what can be expected.

In case of a real world wide crash of the banking system it will be cigarettes or something similar, like in Japan and Germany after WWII...

• 2 months later...

Archived