Let Battle Commence

Mekong

From what I've read, having an LLB degree cuts one year off of the 3 year JD degree programs in the U.S. Plus, its been 30 years since you took those courses toward an LLB degree. You must be an extremely quick study to overcome those odds.

allistar I would not know about the US system being a Brit myself, I didn't start my LLB until my mid 30's less than 15 years ago via Open University, which is a well respected UK based "Distance Learning" establishment, just did the course work and research from home then to the UK for the exams. I was in Saudi at the time and one can either go sand crazy or do something useful, I chose the later.

I have never professed to be a lawyer, I have always stated that I am an engineer who happens to have a law degree which means I can be also utilized as a contracts administrator, there is a lot of litigation on the projects I work on, I have never taken the bar exam and never intend to so as such I am not allowed to practice law in the UK. In Thailand I am not allowed to represent myself in a criminal case but under family and civil cases the courts have accepted my credentials and I am allowed to represent myself.

Previously I have only been involved in contractual negotiations, this will be a first for me cross examing the defendant (my soon to be ex I hope) in a court of law, hell yes I am shitting myself but I also like to take on a new challenge.

I hope this clears up a few facts.

Cheers

Kong

Before I posted, I did take a look at the type of person that gets an LLB and doesn't intend to pursue a law career and most of the people doing so were accountants. Like I said before, you must be driven to get an LLB, on top of staying up on your chosen profession. I would be careful to keep your emotions concerning the case out of how you and your pursue the case. There is a saying in the U.S. that a person that defends himself in court has a fool for a client. I do genuinely mean good luck on your case.

allistar

I learned many years ago to separate emotions from factual or one would lose the argument, the same as losing ones temper in negotiations will lose you your advantage.

I never actually considered taking up law until a project manager I was working with at the time suggested it, he had his first degree in computer science back in the 60's and got into law in the 80's and he told me "M" law and computing are so similar, If/ Then, What / If etc are the basics, referral to previous cases in law is like a subroutine in computing, i wasn't driven as such but just took the old mans advice on how to further my career as I said one can either go sand crazy in Saudi or do something useful.

As for your comment about a fool defends himself, I am not the defendant i am the plaintiff, no way would I ever defend myself even I am not that egotistical but being the plaintiff I know my case better than I could ever explain to my legal representation and as such am fighting it myself with support from a Thai lawyer.

Thanks for your "good luck" comment, I know I will need it, but as I said the criminal court have already accepted my cases against her 3 hours into the hearing, I think the judge had seen enough and was hungry. Her defense lawyer tried to hit me with a bombshell and I replied with evidence I had previously withheld that had him running around the courtroom like a headless chicken until he stated "No Further Questions" the judge decided there and then she had a case to answer.

My soon to be ex's problem is overconfidence, as Sun Tzu taught anyone in "The Art of War" (read my tag line) NEVER UNERESTIMATE ONES ENEMY, she thought that because I allowed her to take care of all financial dealings and later destroyed my records that I would have no case against her, she thought I was incapable of finding the evidence, stupid mistake on her behalf but working to my advantage. She thought she was the perfect woman who could rip me off and could never meet another Thai female as good as her, oops I met one better.

I have admitted on this forum that I am an alcoholic, even though I have been through detox and have not touched a drink in 10 months now I tell myself everyday I am an alcoholic who cannot allow myself to slip back into remission, she never believed I could do it, but now she is on the back foot.

Her defense lawyer has already offered via my lawyer. 60% of what i am asking for, no way did we accept, they are running scared now and don't even know 25% of the evidence I have against her. My evidence has all been obtained via court orders and as such is admissible evidence, even if I was to accept 2 out of 3 criminal cases I have against her are incompoundable which means even if I was to drop the charges the state prosecutor could still continue, in fact the state has already asked me to allow them to take on the criminal case, I was like "No Thanks" I want to send the bitch down.

I have found where she has hidden the money at last so I will be recompensated if I win the case.

The battle has started but the war is not over, in fact it has only just begun so not only am I not counting my chickens before the eggs have hatched in fact the eggs have not been laid yet.

If people are interested I will continue to post updates, if all I get is sarcastic snide comments from certain BM's I will keep it to myself.

Komg

please do continue, but spell your name right :)

and what happened to your 2 dogs ?

BB

I sometimes fark up on my letter spacing when sat on my balcony smoking a fat one and posting from a tablet (computer not Ya E)

I spent the first 5 months of the time we had the dogs with them 24/7, I was between projects at the time, but I have not seen them for nearly 2 years now, and they are now used to a settled lifestyle. As much as I want fair compensation from my soon be be ex hopefully, I would never bring the dogs into it. They did nothing wrong and it would be wrong of me to disrupt their life's now as part of an argument between their co-owners, even I would not use that as leverage (I have enough against her without needing to resort to so low)

Do I miss my dogs? Yes

Do I love my dogs? Yes

Buti also recognize the fact that they are better off in scenario they have adapted to rather than take them away from such, that is how much I care for my dogs, I put their well being above my own vindictive aspirations

Cars, houses, investments have all been listed in my indictment, I never even mentioned the dogs, as I said they are innocent!

Kong ( correct spelling)

I forgot to add the dogs spend most of the time with the maid so they won't miss the soon to be ex hopefully whilst she is behind bars :evilpumpkin:

This is perhaps one of the most interesting threads I have ever read here...please continue to post, have continued good luck, and I agree about your decision to spare the dogs.