Let Battle Commence

Mekong

Final update

I WON!

She backed down and agreed to pay me 90% of what I was after so we settled out of court.

Got the divorce certificate at Bang Rak City Hall a couple of hours ago and now the money is safely in my banks.

It's been a long hard battle but I stuck it out to the end.

well done :up: :up: :up:

first roundS in december are on you :)

BB

Congratulations Mekong. I guess you are one of the few Farangs who used the Thai law system against an upper class family and to win.

thumbup.gif

(of course I don't have any numbers to support this)

Cheers kamui,

On numerous occasions I was tempted to just give in but I refused to give her the pleasure. The number of times I have had to listen to her Lawyer tell out and out lies in court then proceed with a character assassination of me, I am lucky I was only found in contempt of court twice over the past year or so, the Judges gave me an easy ride I think.

It has been a full time job, one should never rely on a Thai Lawyer to build your case for you, it is up to the Plaintiff to get all the evidence together and build the case file which entails going to each court in turn presenting a court order and explaining to the Judge why you want it signed, they never rejected any of mine, then delivering to the parties where order is applicable I must have run up 40,000 THB in Taxi fares alone.

The reason I settled for 90% is because I have just started a new job in Thailand so for one I don't have the time to invest in continuing to fight and for a second if she found out I was working here she could have been able to claim 50% of my income so she capitulated at just the right time. To be honest I don't think that the courts would have awarded me more than 75% of what I was after but she had the risk of having a criminal record and a bad credit rating for 10 years so she agreed to pay 90% as long as I dropped all charges.

Most of my charges against her and her family were "Compoundable" meaning that if I withdraw the prosecution then it goes no further, things such as Misappropriation, concealing assets etc but one charge is "Non Compoundable" which is a Document Offence, She lied to Land Registry Office stating on a form that she was Single when she was Married to sell one of my properties, now if Crown Prosecution wish to procede with this charge there is nothing I can do about it.

She could have paid up 16 months ago and saved me all of this hassle but she thought she was being clever so if CP decide to prosecute she has bought it onto herself, Som Nam Na!

For me, I can now just get on with my life, although it has been a rather interesting experience there is no way I want to go through that again.

P.S. Available for Consultations if any other BM finds themselves in the shit I was in!