Let Battle Commence

Mekong

As I understand a major part of the therapy of the A.A. (Anonymous Alcoholics) is based on Christian beliefs...

I guess Christianity has two sides, the 'Bavarian' where monasteries still produce their own very strong beer and the Northern European Christian side which despised anything which has to do with lust and fun...

As I understand a major part of the therapy of the A.A. (Anonymous Alcoholics) is based on Christian beliefs...

AA is part of a Christian organisation, or at least used to be. Not sure how much they preach the religion whilst helping people though. I think not a lot.

AA is part of a Christian organisation, or at least used to be. Not sure how much they preach the religion whilst helping people though. I think not a lot.

12 step

These are the original Twelve Steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous:[10]

• We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
  • Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  • Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
  • Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
  • Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
  • Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
  • Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
  • Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
  • Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
  • Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
  • Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
  • Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

• 2 months later...

Well, it was bound to happen one day and today it did, the ex and I crossed paths, I live in Sathorn District of Bangkok and she works in the same area so it was inevitable, surprised it did not happen sooner to be honest.

I was out for dinner with my Lady Friend (Girlfriend sounds stupid when closing on fast at 50) and her brothers, enjoying a family dinner and she walked into the same place, to make matters worse the only free table was next to mine, I bit my tongue and enjoyed my own company until the Check Bin landed, it was 995 THB and I made the snide remark, "Only 999,999 meals to go from what you paid me thank you and "she flipped", OK I did ask for it maybe :p .

She grabbed my Glass, calling me a drunken bum thinking I was drinking Vodka, it was only water, I grabbed her arm and in the ensuing scuffle the liquid ended up in her face and I said "Som Naam Na", she went bright red and stomped off. My Lady Friends younger Brother and the ex's friend who hung around were literally pissing themselves laughing and I was like "Why What is so Funny" and between giggles I heard Som Naam Na.

Now I have been using the phrase for over two decades now without understanding the literal translation Naam = Water Na = Face but I never understood the Som Part, To me Som = Orange (as in Naam som orange juice) so Som naam did not make sense to me but in the full context until it was explained to me last night (and why people laughing) Som ® is Orange but Som(f) is Deserve so the Thai phrase Som Naam Na literally translates to "You Deserve Water in Your Face" and the stupid ex through water in her own face, then I got the joke :)

• Like 3

I was out for dinner with my Lady Friend (Girlfriend sounds stupid when closing on fast at 50) and her brothers, enjoying a family dinner and she walked into the same place, to make matters worse the only free table was next to mine, I bit my tongue and enjoyed my own company until the Check Bin landed, it was 995 THB and I made the snide remark, "Only 999,999 meals to go from what you paid me thank you and "she flipped", OK I did ask for it maybe :p .

She grabbed my Glass, calling me a drunken bum thinking I was drinking Vodka, it was only water, I grabbed her arm and in the ensuing scuffle the liquid ended up in her face and I said "Som Naam Na", she went bright red and stomped off. My Lady Friends younger Brother and the ex's friend who hung around were literally pissing themselves laughing and I was like "Why What is so Funny" and between giggles I heard Som Naam Na.

:rotl::rotfl::rotl::rotfl: