The return of an old flame

waerth

Yesterday I got a message out of the blue on Facebook from a girl named B saying how happy she was to have found me and that she wanted to get in contact with me again.

As we had no mutual friends on Facebook I decided to check things first and somehow I recognized her face. I then saw where she studied and her home province and then the ball dropped. She was the old cashier from a place I frequent that I dated almost 9 years ago.

Our relation suddenly ended because another farang moved in (older than me and with more money) and charmed her.

So here we are, I have had 4 messages by now and we spoke over the phone. She says she wants to thank me for all the things I helped her with all those years ago and she wants to apologize for the abrupt split. She said she will buy me dinner at least, so that is fine with me :)

Will be interesting to catch up. She seems to have a good job now and she always was from a reasonable to do family from the South. But when I dated her the family was totally upset that she was going out with foreigners so they had severed ties with her.

The last things I had ever heard about her was when her sister called me in panic a few months after I had sen her last. She was pregnant from the other farang whom had dumped her after he found out. And I was asked if I could marry her on the family's expense so there wouldnt be any loss of face. I refused.

From her facebook I gathered she has two sons whom both are going to expensive schools and she told me on the phone that she is single ....

Lets see where this heads. I already told her on the phone that I am bankrupt .....

W

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No she doesnt work bar. But yeah I am now thinking where to go for dinner tomorrow. Somewhere in this area. There are many places here in Huai Kwang.

I could propose going to the new location of the place she worked at, which is now on Thong Lor. But I do not know if she would want to go there :p That would definately be my first choice though.

I am excited about this though. This came totally out of the blue. The one thing I noted on the phone was that her English is very good now.

I hope she lost her Southern Thai temper though ...

W

But of course there is no such thing as a free lunch!

I know. But I paid for this lunch already 9 years ago. I helped her out with her studies, I thought her how to use computers, I thought her her first English .... it is time I had my lunch and ate it!

I already told her on the phone that I am bankrupt .....

W

Khun W

avoid all monetary aspects over a period of maybe 1 week because she will tell her friends : He never talk money . What you could do is to let her know that for every day of absence you have to pay 500 baht to your bar .

I already told her on the phone that I am bankrupt .....

W

Khun W

avoid all monetary aspects over a period of maybe 1 week because she will tell her friends : He never talk money . What you could do is to let her know that for every day of absence you have to pay 500 baht to your bar .

BuBi I am more expensive than 500 baht :p

Archived