The Sounds of Silence...

Torneyboy

Just back from two days at Damnoen Saduak floating markets at my In_laws jungle abode...

I will post some pics at the end of my rant.. :neener:

It all started the first morning ..very early i might add...now i am not a morning person ..and i love the bright lights neon signs and concrete...

so ...5 am the monks from the local temple start the chanting..i can here every word even thought they are 1k away....near the end of this my wife's mom and housekeeper decide it is time to bang every pot and pan in the kitchen ..this then was the que for about 50 dogs to join in the fun...then a bird started ...eeeeh WHO HOOO eee right next to my head ....by now the monks had finished ..good what else can stop me sleeping...yep ..the long tail boats on the way to market decide to haunt me as well..Brrroomm then slow down to glide around the bend and ggrrrummbbom they go again ..very load..now about 7am so ..the man selling noodles decides it is time to hoot his horn outside our room ....then ..oh yes there is more ..then the election boats appear all with more speakers on board that at a Rolling Stones Concert ..all shouting out their numbers.....oh dear how i love the sounds of silence...

Yeah,life in the countryside starts early.....good idea to escape the heat I suppose,also in the days before TV and electricity what was there to do after dark, apart from the obvious which in my case only takes a couple of minutes anyway... :grinyes: :hubba:

Archived