Visa extension

Yes ..but no signs well i didn't notice any ..still i did not take any inside the building.. i wanted to take some of the Market ..no where in the world could you do that..TIT

We had to get an extension of our 30day entry stamp today....due to floods Immigration asks you to call 1111 and they give directions to where to go get extensions 90 day reporting etc ..

This place is temporary and houses immigration departments of the provinces that can not open so it is a busy little place ..

They hand out plastic numbers to keep track of you..however at the end when they are about to give your docs back they call out in Thai..no electronic number system in place.

Allow a good 2.5 hours and if you can get copies of passports departure cards etc before arriving as there is no copier in this complex....you can go over the road and use one in 7/11..long ques however.

1900Thb for my 60 day extension and my wife got a one year also 1900 THb..but as we go back to OZ in two weeks all will need to be done all over ..we come back mid January for two months again..

Oh... bring a pen as they are a rare item here ...

Just to add to TB's post.

Temporary immigration is located at the old Immigration office on Soi Suan Phlu, all services are available, I got my extension to stay on Non-Imm B extended there last week but it only took me 20 minutes (the advantage of having a Miss Fix-it on the payroll)

It's kind of weird Immigration being back in Suan Phlu since I now live in that area, the Soi is bustling.

I thought your wife was Thai? :confused:

Yes she is ...Ten years married now ....uses her OZ passport..we had a problem with using her Thai passport out of BKK...the original visa (spouse) expired and this was a hassle so she handed over her OZ one to prove OZ citizenship ..the guy yesterday said she "could" use it ..so we are confused and must follow this up ...the problem is with TG check in staff not the Immigration guys...

Yes she is ...Ten years married now ....uses her OZ passport..we had a problem with using her Thai passport out of BKK...the original visa (spouse) expired and this was a hassle so she handed over her OZ one to prove OZ citizenship ..the guy yesterday said she "could" use it ..so we are confused and must follow this up ...the problem is with TG check in staff not the Immigration guys...

Also MM....she was given the one year ..because she is a Thai national...just to add to the confusion...

Archived