Warm gear in BKK

Khun_Kong

I am taking my Thai girl to frigid New South Wales, Australia. Any ideas on where I can get some warm starter clothes (coat, gloves, hat, like that) in BKK. Going to Platinum today, then maybe hit a higher end deptartment store. Figure when we get to Sydney, we can do full-on shopping there.

Funny enough, I was just thinking of changing our Virgin flight from Broome-Canberra to Broome-Melbourne. Either way, we are renting a car and driving to the mountains and ending up back in Melbourne. If we ski at Buller, it will be a shorter drive and we won't have the extra fee for dropping off the car in a different city. Could save about 160 AUD and maybe 4 hours of driving time, in addition to being at a mountain with great conditions. Probably a bit crowded, but, no problem- we can stay a 3rd day if we have to!

We've traveled outside of Thailand many times before within ASEAN local, but this will be her 1st trip to a Western country. Also 1st real visa, 1st snow, 1st flight over 4 hours, 1st desert, 1st time below 12 degrees, etc. My 1st to Australia. Figure we'll be spending about 5K USD over 4 weeks, but it might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

She was just modeling her winter gear for me. Looks like a Michelin Barbie. :)

Archived