Vang Vieng, laos

Guest baldrick

I guess I'm just a prick, but I didnt feel the urge to speak to anyone in any language. Alcohol really bought me undone on that particular trip, and I slipped over in the shower injuring my knee quite badly. Nothing like stupidity to make a boring visa trip 'memorable' for all the wrong reasons ;)

I once saw a Farang at Don Muang Airport with his neck in a brace and his arm in a cast. I asked what had heppened. He said he'd gone to Pattaya and decided to try parasailing on his second day. He sailed right into a tree! Spent the rest of his holiday in a Pattaya hospital. :p

Seemed easy enough finding overnite company in Vientiane when I was there six months ago. Just have to make sure your hotel is guest-friendly as most aren't. Better yet, stay in a guesthouse. I spent 3 days in Vientaine and really enjoyed it. I'd go back again.

Vang Vieng is a nice place for a 1 or 2 days stop over.

I stayed in the Vansana hotel, nice modern concrete place on the river (as compared to falling apart guest houses).

You can hire a kayak on the rive and do a day peddling trip.

Many backpacker guest houses and lay-on-a-mat eating places, seems they have some strange "herb pizzas"

• 3 weeks later...

Vang Vieng - know nothing about it, but a quick search brought back this popular clip. Yeah, nothing like hanging with a gaggle of annoying 'travellers' to get my juices flowing. Bam!

So, that was enough to scratch it off any potential explore lists.

Stick with Koh Chang and report back, sil vous plait.

8huB-21TB3U

Archived