Bank Recommendations?

I like Krung Thai bank.

As for any of them, don't expect a good interest rate.

I opened up 3 accounts, once you have one, it seems easier to open another. i open up the 3 to disperse my funds, and as they say, never put all your coconuts in the same bag :beer:

Most definitely NOT the Bangkok Bank. My mate got scammed at an ATM machine for 350,000 baht at one of their branches. Bangkok Bank was completely unhelpful concerning the theft and downright negligent in contributing to it in the first place..

-They don't want to know if their ATM is outside branch.. no insurance cover

-allowed multiple large withdrawals by the crims in same day despite preset limit

-don't issue card with non copyable microchip unles you ask.

-don't send SMS re withdrawals as some banks do

-ancient ATMs that aren't up to speed with scammers technology

Read the full story Link to earlier story on Thai360

I have read other stories about other banks also with funds going missing from clients accounts which are linked to ATMs, usually an inside job, but Thai banks often try to brush the crime under the carpet by saying "Are you sure you or your partner didn't withdraw the missing funds via ATM machine?". It happened to quite a wealthy Thai man in Pattaya last year.

Bottom line:

Keep the bulk of your funds in a passbook savings account NOT linked to an ATM where you have to show ID and withdraw funds in person.

Occasionally transfer smaller amounts into an ATM linked account for convenience.

:beer:

• 1 month later...

Archived