• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Is this the Windmill in Bang Nã‚?<

No, Pattaya, just off walking St

>Hows the food there?

Is it a German place?<

i've seen a few germans, but i wouldn't call it 'a german place'

food, there are only two things to eat, banana and pussy. and I wouldn't eat the banana.

Sir ,

educated , elegant and well dressed people like expat and buffalo-bill leaving a bar walking steadily towards the door although not in a hurry would neither be stopped by hyperactive bouncers nor by anybody else . We would be watched with purest admiration and all the ladies we had been diddling with for the last 4 hours knew : They good heart .

I am fully with you , Sir .

So I was in Windmill the other day to watch some football, Go Dodgers!, and the waitress comes up to me and says "you forgot to pay yesterday." I was shocked--I had been in and a bit sossed that night so it was plausible. The mamasan was there too and she backed the girl up saying "yeah, the waitress paid for your bill."

No more was said--I wasn't forced to pay or anything. When it came time to leave, I gave the waitress her money (I didn't have change before that).

Might have been a scam, but seemed legit to me.

haha, you got off easy...at so many bars, even where you might be a regular, the Thai thugs who hang out outside who fucking LIVE for the opportunity to beat the living fuck out of a troublemaking farang (and, to be fair, folks like our "Brit Brothers" give them plenty of reason to jump into action!!) won't miss a beat in their rush to part you with your teeth upon leaving the bar if you so much as forget to pay 80 baht for a coke, hahaha...

While the circumstances you describe may happen frequently as you say, I doubt it.

Sure, there are psychopaths everywhere, but I don't believe that the people you describe above exist at "so many bars."

Very astute, I concur ... many a times I have stumbled out of 2 or 3 bars in Sukhumvit 7/1, only to return after exchanging money at the money transfer, to just plonk myself back down to recommence my social duties as if nothing had happened, with a bar maid simply saying, "another one" without blinking an eye :beer:

haha, you got off easy...at so many bars, even where you might be a regular, the Thai thugs who hang out outside who fucking LIVE for the opportunity to beat the living fuck out of a troublemaking farang (and, to be fair, folks like our "Brit Brothers" give them plenty of reason to jump into action!!) won't miss a beat in their rush to part you with your teeth upon leaving the bar if you so much as forget to pay 80 baht for a coke, hahaha...

In 23 years of drinking in Bangkok bars I have never witnessed this activity, which would suggest that it is very rare.

haha' date=' you got off easy...at so many bars, even where you might be a regular, the Thai thugs who hang out outside who fucking LIVE for the opportunity to beat the living fuck out of a troublemaking farang (and, to be fair, folks like our "Brit Brothers" give them plenty of reason to jump into action!!) won't miss a beat in their rush to part you with your teeth upon leaving the bar if you so much as forget to pay 80 baht for a coke, hahaha...[/quote']

In 23 years of drinking in Bangkok bars I have never witnessed this activity, which would suggest that it is very rare.

I've seen several chase-downs; never a beat-down (for running out on a check...I've seen Thai thugs kick the shit out of farangs plenty of times outside the bars for other stuff)...the chase-downs I've seen all ended in the farang in question (wisely) paying up and getting the hell out of there. Friends of mine have witnessed beat-downs over bill disputes. Just because you haven't witnessed it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Archived