Making Door Unlocker in BKK or Pattaya?

MooNoi

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I've lost the little black box thingy that I press to lock/unlock my car door.

You know the one I mean! I still have a "normal" car key, but it's far easier to just press the button to lock and unlock the doors and activate the security system.

No it's a long shot, but does anyone know if its possible to get one of these made in Bangkok or Pattaya? How would they be able to encode it specifically for my car?

I got a quote off the car dealership here (Peugeot) and they said $650 AUD !!! Crazy shit!!

Another guy who makes them here in Australia said he could do it for $550 AUD. Crazy shit again!!

Any ideas for getting this done next time I come to LOS would be appreicated.

Thanks!

:beer:

should be able to get a "learning" remote on eBay

The proprietary ones like yours and the one for my Merc are exorbitantly priced, but I do remember seeing an off brand one for my Merc on a discussion board and it was in the order of $80 or so.

Jaycar may have something in Oz?

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately I've lost the little black box thingy that I press to lock/unlock my car door.

You know the one I mean! I still have a "normal" car key, but it's far easier to just press the button to lock and unlock the doors and activate the security system.

No it's a long shot, but does anyone know if its possible to get one of these made in Bangkok or Pattaya? How would they be able to encode it specifically for my car?

I got a quote off the car dealership here (Peugeot) and they said $650 AUD !!! Crazy shit!!

Another guy who makes them here in Australia said he could do it for $550 AUD. Crazy shit again!!

Any ideas for getting this done next time I come to LOS would be appreicated.

Thanks!

:beer:

In the States one locksmith said they could do it for $150.00 versus the dealerships $600.00.

They cannot make a new key for you without the car present. It has to be programmed to the identity code of your car.

You will need to buy a unprogramed Remote Keyless System (RKS) fob and program it to open your car.

Here is a link, but they do not list peugeot.

Link

TH

Thanks guys!

I think Thai Home is on to it - exactly what a locksmith here told me. They need the car to identify to program the key.

Sigh!

Surely some spikey-haired punk in Panthip would be able dodgy something up for me! :(

Archived