Long walks - less traffic

x0x0x

I like to take long walks, and walking around in-town Suk, etc. is just too gaseous.

Is there anyplace reachable via subway/BTS where I could walk a circuit of +/- 1-2 hours?

I've done the treadmill in the gym stuff, but I really prefer walking outside.

Walk down Soi 4 to the klong, turn right along the wooden footpath until you come to the frontage road where you'll see the the pedestrian overpass to the left. Cross over the expressway and straight west along the soi which will take you to the NE corner of Lumpini... It's a great way to start the day and will take you through some interesting neighborhoods. Cross over to the east entrance and circle the park to watch all of the different forms of morning exercises offered there. You might even like to join in... :yay:

Its a concrete jungle, isnt it ? I didnt find it too bad walking down Suk early on a Sat/Sun morning, but as soon as the shops start to open the 'fresh air' (ha!) rapidly disappears. Difficult to imagine Suk in 10-20 years, but I expect that people said the same thing 10 years ago.

Benjasiri Park was a lifesaver for me, but it also gets quite packed from early morning on. Chuvit Garden is closer to Soi 4, but I dont think they open it until 10am. Plenty of idyllic green foliage poking over the top of 12-foot high fences encircling residential compounds down various side Sois, but even those seem to be increasingly in danger from high-rise madness.

Chuvit Garden is closer to Soi 4, but I dont think they open it until 10am.

What is with the hours of this park? I know it is Chuvit's private park - but they close the thing when you would expect it to be open.

They close it at 10:00 am until 16:00 I believe - so it is open mornings and evenings only.

WTF?

I like to take long walks, and walking around in-town Suk, etc. is just too gaseous.

Is there anyplace reachable via subway/BTS where I could walk a circuit of +/- 1-2 hours?

I've done the treadmill in the gym stuff, but I really prefer walking outside.

Have you ever thought about walking but at a different hour?

Archived