Long walks - less traffic

x0x0x

I like to take long walks, and walking around in-town Suk, etc. is just too gaseous.

Is there anyplace reachable via subway/BTS where I could walk a circuit of +/- 1-2 hours?

I've done the treadmill in the gym stuff, but I really prefer walking outside.

Reminds me when I tried jogging in Tokyo a decade ago. Even though the air in Tokyo was/is much better than in LOS, I started to cough after a few days and joined a gym for the first time...

Since then I find it really stupid jogging along roads in bigger cities.

Walk down Soi 4 to the klong, turn right along the wooden footpath until you come to the frontage road where you'll see the the pedestrian overpass to the left. Cross over the expressway and straight west along the soi which will take you to the NE corner of Lumpini... It's a great way to start the day and will take you through some interesting neighborhoods. Cross over to the east entrance and circle the park to watch all of the different forms of morning exercises offered there. You might even like to join in... :yay:

Hey -- good instructions. Going to try that.

I mapped out a route on google and walked it a few times when I wasn't too hungover (below). But then the park got occupied by several thousand amateur arsonists in red polo shirts. But I like the Klong/wooden foot path description. Will check it.

1309404288-walking.jpg

Benjasiri Park was a lifesaver for me, but it also gets quite packed from early morning on.

Do mean Benjakiti Park on Ratchadapisek/Asok. Benjasiri Park is one next to Emporium.

I also believe you can take the wooden walkway along the klong the other way from Soi 4 (turn left) all the way to Ratchadapisek and come out right the entrance to the park.

TH

Benjasiri, but I wasnt staying on Soi 4 - I was on Soi 21 next to Wa SQ and the bar-of-which-we-do-not-speak. I amended my post to point the OP to Chuvit Garden, but those weird opening hours and the fact that it really is quite a small 'park' make it a much less attractive option.

Maybe people in BKK can comment on this one:

It's from map browsing. I wanted to do an image as above but don't see the option available.

From Thailand Cultural MRT - Take Thiam Ruam Mit around what looks like an MRT depot back to Rama IX. Then Walthana Tham back to the culture center.

Map says +/- 1.5 hours.

Archived