State of the Sanuk

x0x0x

Not sure where to post this story and didn't want to start a new thread. Just venting a little. The girl I was with has a friend at the bar who I met. Her guy is an older Brit newbie. 3rd trip, this one by himself. Anyway, my girl and I were called to come hang out at a Thai karoake spot. I met the guy for the 1st time there. He was uncomfortable being the only falang in a hole in the wall Thai spot off the beaten path. I agree. I scolded his girl for not only suggesting to go there but pouting to stay when it was obvious he was uncomfortable.

He kept apologizing for wanting another falang there and I told him he was perfectly within in his rights to feel uncomfortable. I told him its his money and his time and he shouldn't go ANYWHERE that he doesn't feel comfortable. Told him the girl was bang out of order. She knew she had an apologetic newbie and took advantage of his personality. Its bad enough she's takig your money. Let her earn it I told him. She pouted and what not and I told the Thai guy check bin krup. The b*tch ordered damn near 800 baht of alcohol. Some bottle of thai whiskey and such and I'm sure we were overcharged by a great deal. Pissed me off and I told my girl the same and told her to check her friend. At the place my girl wanted to dance, etc. and I told her to sit down. We don't know what Thai guy, drunk and jealous at seeing falangs with TGs might do or say. Told her and her friend they need to stop being so f*cking selfish. He kept trying to explain not being comfortable and I had to cut him off rudely and remind him that 1) I agree its uncomfortable and 2) you don't need to explain your reasons to me or anyone else.

I told him 'Its your 3rd trip, I guarantee you by your 13th you'll be thinking totally different'.

Okay, sorry, had to vent.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai guys should be quite used to seeing TGs with farangs - its been going on for long enough :rolleyes: .No need to worry unless they are in a relationship with one of the girls,even then its very unlikely there would be any trouble because the guy is probably being supported to some extent by his BG friend. :hubbahubba:

You never know what may happen when Thai guys get drunk. Also, there is a matter of you trespassing on their "turf" instead of staying where you "belong". I've gotten the "WTF are you doing here look" in karaoke bars and have seen things get quite nasty (fortunately not involving me). When I lived upcountry, on several occasions I saw the police fire shots into the air to break up a near riot in a Thai nightclub (the only one in town). I agree with Steve. Thai men also tend to fight in wolf packs. If trouble happens, you are in deep doodoo.

p.s. What can really piss Thai guys off is when they see a foreigner with a good looking gal and realise she is not a hooker. That hits their ego, and anything can happen.

You guys are just missing one thing: there's a filter between Isaan and Bangkok/Pattaya. All the pretty ones are sent to Bangkok, the others head to Pattaya. Because of this, the prices you pay in Bangkok are justified.

Sheesh, don't you read the board?

disagree!

besides, physical beauty is over rated. Attitude and passion count more!

Hey, when are you coming to BS for a meal at Aunty's? Gimme a ring if you do!

Archived