Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this board ...

gobbledonk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Yep, agree completely and have mentioned this several times already. Not always easy to get this through to people though :(

"can you remember how many posts were generated in a day?"

No, but I seem to recall the highest amount ever is something like 450. Average amount might have been about 300/day or so.

I think the reduction is due to several factors:

- less members (existing members leaving, few new members)

- much more competition (the amount of Thailand related forums is much larger now than a few years back)

- issues on this board (cliques, not newbie friendly)

- software issues (down time, not-search engine friendly)

Frankly, I doubt we'll ever get back to 300 posts/day, but I do think (hope? :) ) we can at least get above 100 posts/day again.

Sanuk!

Hi' date='

"I guess the recent downtimes didn't help neither."

Agree. We may very well have even lost some (semi)regular members due to those.

I might send out an email to all members once we've moved over and have 'settled' in.

Sanuk!

[/quote']

Also I would propose a [color:red]new board policy in regard to new members[/color]:

Since some time new members are being frequently attacked as being fake, e.g. If this would happened when I joined the board -either to me or other members - would have almost probably left very soon.

Therefore my suggestion: New members should be welcomed with open arms and being treated well. LOS newbie questions should NOT be answered with a yawn and some lame comments, but as best as possible.

If an old member suspects a fake identity he should NOT attack the new member, but contact the mods who should deal with this quietly.

What I liked about the board, when I joined it, was that I could post some really stupid newbie comments (like my girl is different, seriously), without receiving some bored answers or even derogatory comments, but some really good advice.

IMHO the board is in dire need of new members.

Totally agree with this. :up:

Archived