Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this board ...

gobbledonk

Depending on how the upcoming elections goes, could be a whole slew of new postings coming... I just hope its not all bad news :eek:

Being on several other boards as well noticed they are all a bit slower now, almost in synch with the slow season.

While I've been avoiding it, quite a few friends, young and old, have gotten swept up in the Facebook madness, taking up a lot of their time, damm thing is almost like the Borg. :surprised:

In regards to the newbie posts, hate to bring up a competing board but its always fun to steal good ideas: :cool:

Secrets maintains a flame free zone "Newbie Sandbox" topic where newbie questions are encouraged and all members are warned about strict enforcement and protection of all newbie posts in that topic - seems to work anyway.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might be a good idea to put here as well. A dedicated forum for newbies to ask away, and a place where members who are interested in helping out can go to answer the usual questions newbies have. The thing is much of the info here and on other boards can be outdated quickly, so even a search may not bring a new member up to date info for their queries. All flame free, and moderated so the grumpy fucks can be deleted out of the threads.

And yes, the witch hunt for trolls should be discouraged and all 'suspicions' should be PM-ed to KS or the mods to deal with and look over to see if these might be a banned troll/ex-member.

Please don't flame me for writing this, but it's just an honest opinion based on my own experiences.

I used to frequent this board a lot and post prolifically. However, last week was the first time I jumped on for 6 months or so.

To be honest, I have been looking at other boards (mainly Pattaya-centric I admit) and the reasons for this are as follows:

1. I think this board is too strictly modified in regards to girls / recommendations / sexual conquests etc. Most of the other boards I look at are FAR more liberal in their moderation and what's allowed to be posted. Particularly in recommending particular girls in bars and gogos. Personally, I don't have a problem with being able to write: "Number XX in such-and-such-a-go-go is a great shag and will take it up the clacker and let you give her a dirty sanchez while she tells you to "fuck me harder, Daddy.""

Members new to the sanook scene are very grateful on these other boards for recommendations of particular girls in bars and especially grateful if they're looking to fulfil some particular fantasy that only certain girls may do (eg golden showers, fetish stuff etc). These girls are working girls, they (for the most part) choose to work in the bars and why is it such a problem to identify a particular girl in a post? Good luck to her if someone says she's a great girl and then makes more money from someone BF'ing her based on someone's recommendation.

Not being allowed to post girl's badge numbers is a big letdown on this board.

This, IMHO, is one of the big reasons why the NIGHTLIFE section is now one of the quietest sections on this board. Isn't this supposed to be a website based on P4P nightlife?

2. As others have mentioned, too much flaming and negativity towards new members/posters.

3. Again, just my opinion, but a large number of mongers now favour Pattaya instead of Bangkok - especially the British market - and this board is definitely Bangkok-centric. How many Pattaya sections? One only.

4. It could do with some more interesting and fresh sections. Some other boards have sections such as: "Have You Seen This Girl / Where is she Working Now?" , "The Steam Room - No Holds Barred, Anything can be said here" , and "Alternative Lifestyle - Ladyboys and Swinging" , "Member's Area Unedited Trip Reports" (where explicit pictures are allowed of people's exploits whilst on holiday).

Bottom line is: SEX SELLS.

5. A lot of posts on here are simply banter between old friends. As someone said, it's like a few old has-beens sitting around a bar and chewing the fat. Threads generally lose their relevance after about 4 posts and then people lose interest in the thread. (ie Thread hijacking).

Just a few points, but I think they need to be addressed.

As I said, Just my 2 baht's worth, for what it's worth.

Piggy.

@Moo ... you can't really compare this forum to the Pattaya boards, since they are almost exclusively shagathon boards. Have you ever seen a political discussion on the Pattaya boards? If so, it is only in so far as it affects the bars being open and the BGs available. Photo essays other than of BGs and naked ladies? This board attempts (anyway) to be somewhat more than that. Can't have it both ways. :dunno:

Hi Piggy.....agree with a lot of your points

.....you "Addict"....you....lol

I stopped posting anything "personal"....Both here and on ALL Boards about 6 or 7 months ago....after my wife got 2 phone calls from another members wife's "phone"......getting a word for word account of something that I had posted on a "supposedly" Private List

No way will I ever post anything "Interesting" ever again.....ANYWHERE....just not worth it!!!!

I keep in regular contact with friends from this & other Boards.....but it now needs to be Private....Sad...BUT true....

Chappy & I....with our S.O.'s had a great weekend in Khon Kaen last week.....just a pity God had to be O/S....otherwise it would have been a Riot...lol

I will continue to read....occasionally..... and post even less frequently

Cheers DS

Archived