Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this board ...

gobbledonk

DBSezAloha met the "woman of his dreams" on his first night in Bangkok, when he'd arranged to meet me to be shown around and instead left me sitting in Woodstock wondering where the hell he was. He thereafter spent all of his time with the gal, marrying her on his next visit and taking her back to the US. Still, he insisted on moderating the nightlife! What he knew about the nightlife would fill a thimble. He also moderated with a machete. If he didn't like something, he just deleted it. KS asked him politely to ease off. Instead, he deleted every post he had ever made and vanished into the night in a huff.

Suadam is still around, but he's not as intelligent any more. :beer:

p.s. If people don't want to read USA posts, then don't. First of all, they are in the Non-Thailand News forum. Secondly, they should be in the USA thread. If they are not in that thread, the title tells you what they are. Maybe I am strange, since I don't even open forums and threads that don't interest me. :dunno:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading from your posts you would be a tad older than most new members on the board, what with all the insecticides, brain washing, lazy parents etc these days many people are anal or fixated with minor thing.

Having that little blue box, witch states that 45 (whatever) unread messages exists is just too much for some, and it needs to be obliterated ... if we had a mechanism that allowed some posts to not read 'unread', maybe that would take it off their minds ... yes, I know you can delete them if you want or just leave it as unread, but, as I said, people are of a different type these days - they cannot leave a call un-returned, or a unread post just hanging there :beer:

Hi!

I disagree that boards need to be hi-tech with lots of graphics.

I agree completely with your disagreement. Many web sites have alaborate graphics and/or aninmations that might be interesting the on the first visit. However they often become a regal pain in the arse after a few visits. Whats important is that the site is easy to read and equally easy to find the required information in.

Not correct.

What in my statement was incorrect? I meerely stated that they were either banned or left on their own account. Technically Suadam may still be on the board but he stopped posting under his "nom de board"

You admit yourself that Fly was banned and Db left on his own accaout. He started his own board which I was invited to. Unfortunately it was so slow that it was mostly useless.

Fly did indeed flame people from time to time as have I been ocasionally, by people that were not susequently banned.

regards

ALHOLk

Hi,

The 'Not correct.' comment refers to your entire sentence, i.e.:

"They were either banned or left theft the board because they were often responded with personal attacks."

Not disagreeing with the first part, but with the 2nd part.

Sanuk!

"Clad women are more exciting".

Actually true

Maybee for you you but others, including me see it differently.

Anyway thank you for emphasizing my point that there are small minded people on the board that can't accept other opinions than their own.

This not in response to anyone in particular, but it is probably the best thread for me raise my theory about board activity.

I believe this is one of the oldest boards of its kind on Thailand. In the beginning, there was a far amount of discussion about the bar scene. There weren't that many (any?) other boards that discussed the bar scene in detail. This one did. Many members were new to Thailand, boards of this kind were novelities and there was a great deal of enthusiasm about discussing the bar scene.

But there really is only much that can said about the bar scene that hasn't already been said here. Because this is an older board, I strongly suspect that many of its members are older as well. I have already heard or said much of what could be said about the bar scene. We may still go out, but not so much anymore (I see more people here saying this, and I think it is true), and, even if we still go out, we don't have much new to say about it.

I am speaking for myself now, but reports about a night in Nana or Soi Cowboy are, well to be honest, kind of boring.

It seems as though the most active threads here are the ones where we are discussing or arguing about Thai politics or society. My hunch is that many of us are middle age+ guys who either live in Thailand or visit here frequently. (I know I have aged.) Most seem to be fairly well educated and the thrill of the first few visits has Thailand was worn off. And so we have less to say about Thailand's nightlife.

Some are just bored of Thailand. Everyone once in awhile you will read a post from a member who has had enough of Thailand and is heading home. I can understand that. Thailand can do that to you. It' not all go go bars and LTs.

At the same time the Thai political scene has been going through dramatic changes. And there is stuff out there on the net (e.g., wikileaks) about Thai politics that is fascinating. But for obvious reasons we cannot discuss it here.

I am not at all suggesting that we change this. I appreciate KS's position and don't envy him; it's a hard one. With CyberCrime and LM prosecutions skyrocketing it would be foolhardy to open this board up to that kind of discussion.

Just speaking for myself, but I find the information that is coming out now far more interesting than anything I feel comfortable discussing on this board. I don't see a solution, but this is how I see the situation.

Archived