farangs die in coach crash

Guest baldrick

Hi,

Yep, heard about this on TV a few days back.

These kind of accidents occur way too often and are one of the main reasons I refuse to take a bus in Thailand.

Was in a - luckily small - accident myself several years ago as well. Bus driver was going too fast, had to slam on the brakes to avoid slamming into a truck in front of him. Bus ended up leaving the road. Both my wife and I came away with some minor bruises. Driver had broken his leg, which of course prevented him from fleeing the scene :)

Sanuk!

Thailand went for several decades without a US Peace Corps fatality. Finally, a PC vol was killed - riding in the "dead man's seat" of an upcountry bus. The popular coaches nowadays are even more dangerous - they look so top heavy it's a wonder there aren't even more accidents.

Guest lazyphil

USAF service people die quite often around lakenheath and mildenhall driving their imported chevy on the wrong side of the road

Maybe the stats show that bus travel in LOS is dangerous,but I`ve been on many buses from Kon Kaen to Bkk,CM to Bkk etc some overnight and I can honestly say I never once felt apprehensive .Also the drivers seemed cautious and reliable,sometimes going a bit too slow for my liking.Maybe I`ve just been lucky.However,I will be avoiding those seats up front on the upper deck - great veiw but not a good place to be in a head-on collision.

Guest lazyphil

same here, driven on many buses in los with no issues-train isn't always going to where you want to be....tuk tuks feel far more dangerous imo

Guest lazyphil

personally, its a risk i'm prepared to take-thailand ingeneral is proberbly less safe in many areas than home, where does the wont do list end?.....taxis, bg's, boats etc etc

Archived