Strauss-Kahn Case Seen as in Jeopardy

Flashermac

The only opinion I have on this case now is that there is some shady shit going on.

When it comes to who is lying, who's not, and what 'really' happened, I am a little clueless and willing to leave it at that.

Glad I'm not the judge.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the TV of this, and what I find disturbing, is that both sides seemed to be trialling the case, on the steps of a building, in front of the media.

In my country the case would be thrown out, as not being possible to be tried, because of excessive media exposure/juror tainting.

T

I called this one all wrong. I saw him guilty as sin. (And he might be), but it's looking very murky. And maybe the French have a good point that you shouldn't drag someone through the mud in a public spotlight without a little due diligence.

I did too.

It appears from talking to a few buddies in NYPD that she told them a bunch of extra stuff about all kinds of things that just were not true. So based on that, as you point out, her credibility is going in the garbage.

His supporters in France are making a hero of the guy and demanding he run for prez. With the unquestionable facts that have come out about him, it's clear he is a scumbag regardless of whether or not he forced himself on this maid. But in France being a scumbag doesn't seem to damage a politician's prospects. Sort of reminds you of Massachusetts. :D

The thing is Flash, she now has credibility issues. Further, they're saying her application for asylum involved conflicting allegations of rape and/or genital mutilation. She could be someone with a tragic life or she could be a nutjob.

But now there's doubt about her truthfulness with these kind of serious charges.

I called this one all wrong. I saw him guilty as sin. (And he might be), but it's looking very murky. And maybe the French have a good point that you shouldn't drag someone through the mud in a public spotlight without a little due diligence.

She claims she got raped.

Continued cleaning rooms.

Then decided to report the rape.

Does she have an IQ?

Maybe he wouldn't pay her, which made it rape. :hmmm:

Maid cleaning up as 'hooker'

Dominique Strauss-Kahn's accuser wasn't just a girl working at a hotel -- she was a working girl.

The Sofitel housekeeper who claims the former IMF boss sexually assaulted her in his room was doing double duty as a prostitute, collecting cash on the side from male guests, The Post has learned.

"There is information . . . of her getting extraordinary tips, if you know what I mean. And it's not for bringing extra f--king towels," a source close to the defense investigation said yesterday.

The woman was allegedly purposely assigned to the Midtown hotel by her union because it knew she would bring in big bucks.

"When you're a chambermaid at Local 6, when you first get to the US, you start at the motels at JFK [Airport]. You don't start at the Sofitel," the source said. "There's a whole squad of people who saw her as an earner."

The woman also had "a lot of her expenses -- hair braiding, salon expenses -- paid for by men not related to her," the source said.

More

The filthy froggy is still a wart hog

So Dominique Strauss-Kahn is probably not a maid-mangling sex fiend. Don't pop the French bubbly just yet.

The lowlife frog was revealed yesterday as something twisted. This is a man who enjoyed a glamorous doormat wife, a stellar career, and was fawned over by France's legion of lefties.

And DSK repaid the admiration by checking into New York's posh Sofitel, and promptly bedding a much-younger immigrant maid.

Rather, the acts in which he engaged took place standing up, and fully clothed.

As soon as he was done getting oral sex, Strauss-Kahn checked out of the hotel as fast as a scared bunny. Then he had lunch with his 26-year-old daughter, as if nothing special had happened.

To men like Strauss-Kahn, it was another day at the beach.

It turns out Strauss-Kahn is likely not a violent sex fiend.

But the selfish hay roll fractured relations between America and France. And now, Strauss-Kahn, 62, might be elected president of that sexist country.

It also blew a hole in the career of Manhattan's spanking new district attorney, Cy Vance, who's sadly, pitifully, in over his head.

Isn't Mrs. DSK proud?

Strauss-Kahn's long-suffering wife, Anne Sinclair, sat in the courtroom's front row yesterday, her delicately French-manicured fingers clutched together as tightly as a noose, as a livid-sounding prosecutor admitted that the case against DSK hit an iceberg and was sinking fast to the bottom of the Atlantic.

"Although it is clear that the strength of the case has been affected by the substantial credibility issues relating to the complaining witness, we are not moving to dismiss the case -- at this time," said Joan Illuzzi-Orbon. She agreed that DSK be freed from house arrest. His passport stays out of reach. For now.

Sinclair shut her eyes, a pose she held for several seconds. She was pushing back tears.

He's all hers now.

Outside, the 32-year-old accuser's lawyer, Kenneth Thompson, was dancing as fast as he could. Did his client talk on the phone to a jailed drug dealer? And receive $100,000 from numerous sources?

"Not $100,000!" Thompson said. Then how much? He wouldn't say.

DSK lawyer Ben Brafman was in a happy place.

"I want to thank Cy Vance for his courage and personal integrity," Brafman said. One word: ouch.

Vance's avengers lost the ballyhooed police rape trial. The DA let the alleged Egyptian hotel sex abuser go on a misdemeanor, time served. Now his big fish, DSK, has revealed that Vance is no match for a rich, amoral Frenchman.

Who will believe a genuine rape victim now?

Thanks for that, DSK. You'll be France's problem soon.

Link

Archived