Top 5 BKK bars and why?

Redbaron

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Red Baron, great list.. I must plead guilty to spilling and being a bit sloppy in those joints. The Cat House had some nice darlings. The cheap beer was OK but I could smoke a cuba without any problem. OK, they waited for the local punter who were there for the beer to thin out. I had some great regulars there.. Oh well, I'm totally happy with the action in Rawai and Naiharn. Had a massage yesterday and and the lady didn't blink when I suggested she take off her dress before we start... gotta love that!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think "top bars" might reflect where guys last had fun times and pulled some girls they especially liked. We all know that those can change even in a short period of time.

Since the mid-80's, I've visited Cowboy almost every night I've been in the city. But after almost 10 years of only going to NEP maybe 1 night every trip, I started returning there a couple of years ago.

From my last trip, these were my favorite:

Cowboy:

Shark Bar...always some good looking girls, the girls don't seem overly thirsty, decent music, reasonable prices on beers/barfines (compared to some other go-go's).

Rawhide...some very good naked bodies on display. Shy girls need not apply there. And some cute ones also. Girls not at all pushy. Never had one sit down and immediately ask "you buy me dink". Music is ok, but the shows get kind of boring after you've seen them. You might want to check the ID of some of these creatures before you barfine them.

Toy Bar...a long time favorite. Mostly just for conversation and diddling purposes. Haven't barfined out of there in many years. Talent isn't anything to write home about, but just kind of fun to "interact" with some of the ones in there.

Drink and barfines are among the lowest on the soi.

NEP:

Lollipop...once was a big lady boy joint. Saw about 3 there in Sept. 2010, but they were pretty obvious. (Mamasan is a guy...cross dresser. Was told by one of my gals in there he is married and has a couple of kids.) Girls are friendly without being pushy. Fun girls who smile and encourage attention while on the stage. Lots of eye contact and smiles. Decent music. Girls can come off the stage in the middle of their shift if you buy them a drink. I pulled about 4 different girls from Lollipop in a 2-3 week period in 2010. No problem at all.

Playskool: lots of eye candy; showing; friendly/cuddly girls. :hubba:

:beer:

HH

I think "top bars" might reflect where guys last had fun times and pulled some girls they especially liked.

My thoughts exactly HH. I've found no matter what the bar, be it a gogo, BB or whatever, if I'm out with a good group of lads up for a laugh and a few cold ones the night usually goes off with a bang. Once the girls realise we're up for a good one, they're usually up for it.

...Those were the days when Bkk was fun. Do you also remember the Patpong bar that had a live show on a motorbike lowered from the ceiling. I think it was Supergirl. Unfortunately those days will most likely never come back.

Firecat had a live show in a tuktuk that was lowered from the ceiling (well strictly speaking it was lifted off the floor and onto the dance floor by a pulley attached to a beam hanging from the ceiling). They also had a giant six legged octopus which hung from the same beam!

Ten or more years ago I wouldn’t have been able to pick a favourite 5 bars, there were just too many I liked, whereas nowadays I’m struggling to even think of 5!

1. The Dubliner (corner of Sukhumvit and Washington Square)

I like to go there of an afternoon for a few beers, a read of the newspaper and a bite to eat. Good food, nice staff.

2. Afterschool (Soi Cowboy)

Nuff said, everyone knows this great little bar.

3. The Moonshine / Jungle Jims (Soi Cowboy)

Not inside the bars (although they're handy to pop into for a bit of diddling), but outside on the deck watching the world go by. Also a good chance you’ll catch up with mates you haven’t seen in a while.

4. Goldfingers (Patpong 1)

No lookers in Goldfingers but they play great rock music, Randy is a great owner and smoking cigars is encouraged!

5. Cosmos (Patpong 2)

Not as good as it once was but I still enjoy popping in for a few black sodas when I'm in The Pong.

It just occured to me that Carousel upstairs in Nana had a shower show for a couple of years. It was added to one of the dance stages and the dek serves would have to mop up the water after the show. It was the same stage where three BGs would get up, two wearing strap-ons, and proceed to do a DP on the gal in the middle. The monitors around the bar showed blue movies all the time.

Whatever happened to the days when we took that sort of thing for granted? Purachai put an end to a lot of it, but also the greed of some Nana bar owners took a heavy toll. :(

Ah, the "old days" in Carousel ! Remember it fondly. On one of my first dates with Ms Hoy I went there with another couple. Those "blue movies" were great training flicks for Ms Hoy who studied them with a great deal of curiosity and fascination.

It was in Carousel that I met two go-go dancers from the U.S. They were sitting at stage-side, but finally got off their stools to do a bit of dancing on the floor. A few of the Thai dancers invited them up on a stage to join them. The farang chicks were "show stoppers". I mean, those girls could "pole dance". Expressions on the Thai girls' faces were priceless. 555555555 When the U.S. babes got down, I went over and ordered drinks for both. That's when I found out they were dancers from the U.S.

HH

Tilac was my home bar since my first trip around 2004. For many girls I new some girls there and I enjoyed coming back to meet some 'friends'. But in the past years nudity came back in other bars while in Tilac the girls kept their clothes on. This and some trouble with a BG there prompted me to look for other venues.

Lastly I found Dollhouse quit good. Girls dancing nude, not much pressure to buy LDs, and while I was there some punters dropped buckets of PingPong balls and the girls went crazy. Every time it was a nice distraction from the usual BG shuffle.

PS: I went to the No-Name bar two times. Only a few girls there and even less customers. Boring.

I have to throw in No-Name bar. Ugly girls, iffy air, GOOD food, 100% fun!!!

Yeah, my favorite places probably aren't where you find the most hi-so of the BGs, but I enjoy em:

- Bangkok Beat

- Big Dogs

- Tilac

- Climax

- Country Road (on Cowboy)

Archived