Let's fly Jetstar?

Redbaron

Hi again...Emirates have just listed one ....valid for one year..

We are looking at it now ...26dec departure $1040 includes taxes...we are looking at a March return so they said the cost would fall to about $860.00

The late arrival into Bkk is the only drawback ...

"The late arrival into Bkk is the only drawback ... "

Not really. Airport quiet at that time and get through very quickly. Once you're there, you're there and it's done.

Late departure out of SYD means can work a full day and don't have to take an extra day's leave too!

Other BIG drawback with Emirates is their 10-across seating on their 777's

as opposed to 9-across on Malaysian, Thai and Singapore. Hard seats, cramped, and small aisles so they can fit 10 across, so carts and people bump into you all the time when you sit in the aisle.

Other BIG drawback with Emirates is their 10-across seating on their 777's

as opposed to 9-across on Malaysian, Thai and Singapore. Hard seats, cramped, and small aisles so they can fit 10 across, so carts and people bump into you all the time when you sit in the aisle.

I fly Emirates quite a bit now as their schedule suits me and I can fly from Gatwick and avoid Heathrow. I generally find them pretty good. But as you mentioned my main complaint is the 10 seats across on the 777's. Might try and book the leg on the A380 next time and see what thats like?

Simie.

I flew Emirates twice this year, no particular reason, it's what I was booked on.

I have to say their economy class was the best I've ever experienced.

The entertainment centre was streets better than Qantas/BA and food was excellent.

I also missed a flight due to a Virgin Blue stuff up and arrived a day late to find VB hadn't informed them and changed my flight as promised.

Emirates just put me on the next flight without a problem.

Still waiting to be refunded for my Air Asia flight the other end.

Late departure out of SYD means can work a full day and don't have to take an extra day's leave too!

When I worked in Brissie, where the money/leave ratio was completely out of wack and they wanted me on deck every week, I used to fantasize about flying out on a Friday night and back in the early hours of the following Tuesday, but I really dont have the superhuman endurance of several on this board. I've also seen a few specimens who had to be poured onto planes, and its not a good look - definitely not something I would be prepared to present in an office on a Tuesday morning ;)

Fortunately, those days are behind me, and I can head off on 3 weeks of well-earned rest on Friday - yeeehah !

Archived