Gonorrhoea strain found to be 'resistant to antibiotics'

The_Munchmaster

<< The initial infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV) causes the acute (short-lived) illness chickenpox which generally occurs in children and young people. Once an episode of chickenpox has resolved, the virus is not eliminated from the body but can go on to cause shingles — an illness with very different symptoms — often many years after the initial infection. Despite the similarity of name, herpes zoster is not the same disease as herpes simplex, although both the varicella zoster virus and herpes simplex virus belong to the same viral subfamily. >>

<< Herpes zoster in children is often painless, but older people are more likely to get zoster as they get older, and the disease tends to be more severe. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_zoster

Hit me in my late 40s, the nerve across the left side of my face! My left eye was swollen shut and I had huge blisters across that area and in my scalp. It was accompanied by vertigo, to make things more fun. I just wanted to lie down and die. :(

My father drove me to an MD, a wonderful black lady who was the kindest doc I've ever met. Took maybe a week to knock it out.

This could mean a return of the little stainless steel umbrella on the end of a long probe.

Note to stock broker... get into condom company shares.

Known to GIs in the VN War days as the dreaded "bull head clap", only curable that way.

There was also the even more feared "black syph". It was so contagious that if you got it, you were sent to a remote island off the coast of South Vietnam to die, while your family was told you had been killed in combat and your body not recovered. (Really good for scaring the shit out of newbies! :D )

We had a doufas in RVN who got the clap without fail every month - always from the same over-the-hill hookers from a small brothel he'd slip out to at night. I asked him if he wore a condom. He answered, "No, I don't like them." I guess he liked pissing razor blades every month instead. :p

Archived