U.S. Gov't. Going to Default?

Hugh_Hoy

Will the U.S. debt ceiling be lifted in time to avert default on some of its obligations? The debt ceiling must be raised by August 2 to avert that happening.

Barry and top leaders of the GOP and Demoncraps have been meeting for weeks in attempts to head off a default through more borrowing and higher taxes and some budget cutting :cussing:

What effect would a default have on other countries?

HH

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HonoluluJimmy

Stop funding all the wars.

Let the Intolerant Islamists and the Greedy Zionists do battle untill they are all dead.

Bomb Iran for wanting a nuke..

Allow the earth to be scorched from pakistan to beriut

Not a grain of food to Africa and allow nature to prevail over the population issues.

Guest HonoluluJimmy
Hard to predict Hugh. I guess they would stop financing US debt. US dollar would probably fall (which may be good for some). Treasury and bond prices would drop, interest rates would rise? Big rush into gold?

If you have a good stock portoflio yhou'll do well. As the baht goes up my holdeing increase in value. Over the last 2.5 years I'm at about double value and the baht has gone from 40 to 30. Do the math... same old stuff, the rich always get richer etc.

Guest HonoluluJimmy
1. stop ALL the foreign aid.

2. cut all politicians salary and benefits.

3. 15% pay raise for the Whitehouse staff, bull shit! that's out!!!

4. pork barrel projects, done with!!!

Pork Barrell is the problem. the prince of pork Sen. Dan Inoyue (D-Hawaii) Dan the man aka the 1 armed bandit intorduced a fine freeway system The Dwight D. Eisnehower Interstate. I may be wrong but I have never driven out of Hawaii in teh 21 years I lived there. It runs from DT HNL to the West Side via the airport viaduct. Interstate in hawaii, Moo-a-rama in Thai speak!

1. stop ALL the foreign aid.

2. cut all politicians salary and benefits.

3. 15% pay raise for the Whitehouse staff, bull shit! that's out!!!

4. pork barrel projects, done with!!!

In a few more days the Republicans will be dancing in the street if we don't borrow. Obama becomes history. Praise the Lord.

Can we look forward to the next chapter which might be a possible world depression?

Archived