U.S. Gov't. Going to Default?

Hugh_Hoy

That's mostly small change. How about taxing the 1% who own 90% of the US wealth? And the multinationals which all of them pay very reduced tax rates (if they pax tax at all).

Or how about reducing the military budget which is the largest on earth?

Anyway, with the reduced spending, especially in eduction and infrastructure, it is very likely that the USA will fall further behind and more jobs will go overseas.

How about taxing the 50% who don't pay shit in the way of federal income taxes. Raising income taxes on the "wealthiest" to the level shithead Obama wants might cover the deficit for about 10 days (from what I've heard). The King of "Hope and Change" has tripled the deficit in 2 1/2 years ! This fuckstick is completely out of control ! He's a dangerous man. He's also a liar and deceitful person who is very, very capable of fooling a good number of voters (most of which probably fall into the category of those who do not pay income taxes). "Economic Terrorist" is what Obama is.

HH

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about taxing the 50% who don't pay shit in the way of federal income taxes. Raising income taxes on the "wealthiest" to the level shithead Obama wants might cover the deficit for about 10 days (from what I've heard). The King of "Hope and Change" has tripled the deficit in 2 1/2 years ! This fuckstick is completely out of control ! He's a dangerous man. He's also a liar and deceitful person who is very, very capable of fooling a good number of voters (most of which probably fall into the category of those who do not pay income taxes). "Economic Terrorist" is what Obama is.

HH

HH- serious question here. I am too lazy to look this up right now, but the figures that kind of roll around my empty head say that the total deficit was something like 6-7 trillion when GWB took office, that he added another 4-5 trillion and it now stands at 14 trillion. I know my numbers are probably way off, but when you say Obie tripled the debt, what do you mean?

BTW, at this point, the only differences that I see between Obie and GWB are ... damn ... now that I think of it, not many. No new wars (don't think Libya equates to Afghan/Iraq debacle. That might be one significant difference, but still troops in both and there are still prisoners being held without charges or trials in Gitmo); still no controls, investigations or penalties over the massive mortgage fraud that occurred DURING GWB's term, but actually blew up the world economy when Obie first took office (maybe a handful of people convicted versus >1000 felony convictions over the S&L fraud in the 90s, which was about 2.5% the size of the mortgage fraud). He's continued the Bush tax cuts, has not given back the many small liberties that were stripped away under GWB/Patriot Act, etc.

What do you find to be the really major differences between them? I'm thinking they both suck donkey dick, GWB just sucked a lot harder.

I said tripling the DEFICIT...not the debt. ;) Fuckstick Obama has also added about 4 TRILLION in debt in 2 1/2 years (almost 1/2 of all debt on the books).

I'm quite confident that GWB could not do worse...by any stretch. I don't think anybody with common sense would do worse; they'd have to work 24/7 at doing worse. In fact, anybody with common sense and the country at heart would do 1000% better. Obama doesn't give a shit. He's a fucking traitor to the country.

HH

Oops sorry.

I believe Bush also tripled the deficit between 2001-2005. It then appeared to recover, riding on the vaporous housing boom, which was artificially created through fraudulent practices. The boom's bubble broke in 2008 and Bush handed over the sinking ship to Obama. The reality of less revenues and the poor economy has caused massively bad numbers. In addition, the non-funding of the BushWars, in terms of getting dollars to pay for them, was not even added to the Bush deficits. Would you be happier if Obama just decreed that certain parts of actual expenses just don't count anymore, therefore everything is OK? Why do you say Obama is responsible for magically getting us out of the mess, without increasing revenue? What do you propose as a viable alternative? And when you respond "Cut spending", how much of the military's budget did you want to cut? Not counting the wars, there was over a trillion dollar increase in the military budget. For what?

Obie's expenses are a straight line continuation of the graph of GWBs. That means no increase in the rate of spending. However, the crap economy handed over in 2008, combined with those "stimulating" tax cuts, have caused the difference between revenues and expenses to increase.

You vilify Obama continuously, but on what basis? Specifically, what has he done so wrong in your eyes?

What about those debt numbers, anyway?

You vilify Obama continuously, but on what basis? Specifically, what has he done so wrong in your eyes?

Upon what basis? KK, the issues upon which I "villify" Barry constitute more than one "basis". It is really much easier to applaud him for those things which, in my opinion,he has done correctly. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss to name any at this moment. In general, I think he has done a very poor job with respect to international relations; I'd give him D's in defense and social issues; I'd give him an "F" on the economy. I think part of my grades may have something to do with my perception of his arrogance and "my way or the highway" approach to issues, not to mention his hypocrisy and inconsistency and pandering.

I am a fiscal conservative and a social moderate...Obama is almost as far away as he can get from me. I also have a great deal of common sense and try to use that to guide my decisions; Obama has not displayed an ounce of common sense during the time I've observed him in the Presidency. He's stepped on his dick so many times and he continues to step (no, stomp) on the dick of the country. The only "good" Obama has done for me is to substantially increase the value of my Gold Eagles.

I don't get what you mean when you ask about the debt limit.

Anyway, good to see you back. :up:

HH

Have people forgot, that Prez. O has been on a spending spree since in office?

Easy to put the blame on the other guy, GWB, but there is plenty of blame to go around!

We need ALL the politicians to do the right thing for ALL the people!!

Cut spending.

Do NOT raise the debt ceiling! the politicians are like a bunch of junkies and it is way past time to

get them to go cold turkey and stop their unlimited spending!!!

Bring the country down? they have already done that...like, where is the manufacturing base that

made the USA strong for decades? errrr, the lobbyists made sure that the politicians got paid off

and the USA citizen pays the bill, same-o, same-o, just the guy now sitting in the big chair has

a better sun tan :dunno:

Archived