Private jet of the crown prince seized in Germany

Hardy641

Haven't read about this in the local media yet. Maybe too hot to be in the news here in the LOS.

It is quite a scandal and huge loss of face for Thailand.

Unfortunately, the link is in German only.

In a nutshell it says that the insolvency trustee of the former construction company "Walter Bau" (3rd biggest in Germany) has seized the private jet, a Boeing 737-400, of Thailand's crown prince while he is visiting Germany. The reason is that Thailand is still not paying ~30 Million EUR from tollway project ( 20 years ago!) despite the ruling of an international arbitral court in favor of the German company.

Link

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted that news some hours ago but KS choose to take it off the board. I guess this thread will not last long.

May I add that the crown prince is not accused of any wrong doing. Thailand as a state failed to pay a bill and therefore thai state property got impounded.

On Reuters now worldwide. Reuters says it's an RTAF plane used by him, which makes a lot more sense. Bizarre that it's over a 20+ year old debt. That puts it back to PM Chatichai Choonhavan, who has been dead for 13 years.

What is the Statue of Limitations on such a debt?

Maybe it isn't a debt after all.

On Reuters now worldwide. Reuters says it's an RTAF plane used by him' date=' which makes a lot more sense. Bizarre that it's over a 20+ year old debt. That puts it back to PM Chatichai Choonhavan, who has been dead for 13 years.

[/quote']

What is the Statue of Limitations on such a debt?

Maybe it isn't a debt after all.

The last ruling by an international court in Geneva is from 2009. It seems that the debt is still valid.

I posted that news some hours ago but KS choose to take it off the board. I guess this thread will not last long.

May I add that the crown prince is not accused of any wrong doing. Thailand as a state failed to pay a bill and therefore thai state property got impounded.

The site you posted has some rather nasty items that could get this board into trouble. This news wasn't a problem, but some other reports on the site are speculative and a definite no-no.

Nothing in the Bangkok Post this morning, but nothing on the BBC either. I expect the Thai language press will pounce on this, very hard to ignore.

But maybe Thaksin is behind it. He comes to the rescue and emerges a hero. Sounds like his style. :hmmm:

Archived