Atlantic lobster in Bangkok

tartempion

Probably not easy to find in Bangkok, but they have them at Paris Bangkok restaurant, a stone throw away from Lumpini MRT station, at Saladaeng soi 1/1.

Price 2100THB/kilo, they have Belgian draft beers: Leffe blond and Hoegaarden and a nice wine list.

We had a Gewurztraminer Alsace.

Total bil for two beer, starter, 2x700gr lobster, desert, wine +-6K.

And I was impressed by the service: waitress, manager and chef cook, a rarity treat in Thailand.

http://www.parisbangkok.com/index.htm

Anyone knows an other restaurant anywhere in LOS serving lobster every day???

Next2 at the Shangri-La seems to run a seafood buffet on fridays at 2100THB++ with some lobster.

but...WHY?!?!

what's next...flying in fresh-from-upstate New York "Buffalo wings" or a fish fry from some tacky Midwest US restaurant? and paying 1,000 baht a plate for each dish?

you're in Thailand...jeez, there's so much great stuff to eat there that you can't get *anywhere* else...!?!

oh well, to each his own. "conspicuous consumption", methinks.

And where does the lobster come from in some Paris restaurant ya think??? and they come cheaper than 25 euro/kilo????

So much good tasting food in Thailand, you must be joking. Do you mean Thai food???

I have eaten at each Udon Thani restaurant and NONE serves decent food, Thai or Western. And please don't say Mc Shit is food.

OK, there's an Oishi Shabushi in Udon I visit once a month and enjoy for fun I guess. All farang food is blant.

Strangely enough Thai Paris restaurants or France or Belgium serve better tasting/quality Thai food.

Maybe you can recommend some Bangkok places for me?

But I have now reduced my Bangkok stops to 2 nights/year, thus eating something special at any price is something I am not entitled to according to Preahko?

I do live in a village 40kms from Udon and there is 1 eatery, not "digne" (worthy does not sound right as a translation) to be called a restaurant. But I do enjoy some of his Thai food, honest food, but nothing to write home about.

5555, did you know we flew in Dutch tulips from South Africa on Sunday night, just in time to truck them to Amsterdam's fresh flower markets and a plane load (110 metric tonnes) of fish from Chili?

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Spiny bugs are so much better. Fresh is the real test for Lobster.... Slipper is better that 3 day old claw...

I do live in a village 40kms from Udon and there is 1 eatery, not "digne" (worthy does not sound right as a translation) to be called a restaurant.

Tartempion, "worthy" would be a very good translation for "digne" - you could also use "dignified enough", but worthy is a better translation.

Three definitions of worthy from Wiktionary:

1.having worth, merit or value

2.honourable or admirable

3.deserving, or having sufficient worth

The third definition is the right one in this context.

Archived