Finally reported: Kasit off to Germany to retrieve royal jet

Flashermac

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question:

I thought the tollway consortium of which Wally Bau was a part had reached an agreement over the tollway fees. If so, why has Wally demanded a lump sum instead? And if such an agreement had not been reached, why is Wally the only one that sued? You'd expect them all to sue.

:hmmm:

Over to the shysters for comment ...

Question:

I thought the tollway consortium of which Wally Bau was a part had reached an agreement over the tollway fees. If so, why has Wally demanded a lump sum instead? And if such an agreement had not been reached, why is Wally the only one that sued? You'd expect them all to sue.

:hmmm:

Over to the shysters for comment ...

I guess only a defunct company has the courage to for such a radikal move. Because everybody knows that the people involved in the seizure will be persona non grata in LOS and will never be able to do any business in LOS in the future.

Thailand caves in:

Crown Prince will post bond to release plane

Published: 1/08/2011 at 10:53 AM

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn will use his personal funds to secure the release of his 737 aircraft that was impounded at Munich airport on July 12, HRH's secretariat announced on Monday.

The Crown prince hoped the payment of the bond would help end the legal dispute between the Thai government and German construction company Walter Bau AG over revenue sharing from toll fees on the Don Muang Tollway.

The Crown Prince did not wish to be involved in the dispute, and wanted it to be settled quickly and smoothly, said the statement said.

The statement said the Crown Prince wanted to show benevolence to his country, and did not want the dispute to affect the cordial relations between Thailand and Germany.

A Berlin court last month ruled that the Thai government must deposit 20 million euros (846 million baht) as a security bond for the return of the Boeing 737.Werner Schneider, the insolvency administrator for bankrupt Walter Bau, obtained a court order for the aircraft's seizure in a bid to force settlement of a 30 million euro arbitration claim against the Thai government.

BKK Post

Thaiksin is gonna benefit from this, surely if the Prince pays to get his own plane back the Govt of the time bears the shame, i.e. Abhisit ?

A solution is coming closer. But contrary to this report, German Spiegel Online writes today that the Thai government is considering to post a deposit guarantee for the full sum and that a team of the Thai foreign ministry (not attorney general) will travel to Germany. Also Spiegel Online says that the total sum is 36 mio EUR, not 30 mio.

By the way, the Germany government and parliament are in holiday. The Thai visitors will only be able to meet the second ranks.

Govt says it won't use Crown Prince's assets

By THE NATION

Published on August 3, 2011

Thailand's government said yesterday that it would not utilise the Crown Prince's assets to secure the release of his Boeing 737 in Germany to settle the contractual dispute with Walter Bau.

The government said it would instead quickly seek other avenues to resolve the dispute and maintain good relations with Berlin while preserving the dignity of the Thai monarchy.

"So far, the Crown Prince has not yet given his personal assets to settle the case but he expressed his intention to do so and the government has informed him that we would do it our own way first," Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva told reporters yesterday.

HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn had offered his personal assets to help the government retrieve his personal plane impounded in Germany. He granted Abhisit a royal audience on Monday to get an update on the current situation.The prime minister again met yesterday with Attorney-General Julasing Wasantasing to discuss the case and possible means to end the conflict.

The Office of the Attorney-General would send a team to Berlin today for a week to find a solution, he said.

Bangkok is at loggerheads with the German construction company over a demand to pay it €30 million (Bt1.3 billion) in damages after an international arbitration tribunal in 2009 ruled in favour of the contractor of the Don Muang Tollway.

Walter Bau took its case to the US District Court in New York on March 26 last year, seeking enforcement of the award under the New York Convention. That court also backed Walter Bau, but the Thai government appealed last Thursday against the decision.

The company has also asked a court in Berlin to enforce the arbitration findings.

While the case in the Berlin court is under consideration, the German regional court of Landshut authorised court receivers to seize the Boeing 737, often flown by the Crown Prince, while it was parked at Munich Airport last month.

Walter Bau has been declared insolvent and lawyers have been trying to collect money owed to it.

The Thai government argued that the aircraft belongs to the Crown Prince, not the Thai government. The court agreed to release the plane if the Thai government deposited ค20-million (Bt855 million), but the government refused. The impounded jet is still in Germany.

Abhisit said there would be no deposit guarantee to retrieve the jet. The Office of the Attorney-General would concentrate on the main case in Berlin to end the investment conflict and the whole affair quickly without any consequences to the relations with Germany and other parties, he said.

Abhisit said he does not know yet how much this issue would cost to clear up. The government so far has to pay for lawyers' fees.

I despise that idiotic word "utilise". It is simply a pretentious synonym for "use". Any time I see it, a thought immediately goes through my head: "The writer is a wanker." I spent years trying to teach US Army officers and senior NCOs how to write understandable English - keep it short, simple, and to the point; use short words, short sentences, short paragraphs. Since a Thai no doubt wrote the above news item, it means some prat had actually taught the Thai to use (oops, I mean UTILISE) pompous English. His English teachers should be shot.

End of rant, now back to the subject ... :(

Archived