Finally reported: Kasit off to Germany to retrieve royal jet

Flashermac

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Friday they have already presented a paper that was supposed to prove that the plane has been offered as a gift in 2007 :cool: . That should have done the trick but obviously the court did not fully believe in the message :argue: . Myself and my beloved fellow countrymen did always show a very strong attitude to believe in paperwork , preferably equipped with multiple stamps and signatures . Like for example an aircraft registration book :dunno: .

Yeah, typical clash of two different/opposite world views. Incompatible, one side struggles to understand the thinking of the other.

Let's assume the plane really still belongs to the Thai government.... The scandal here in Germany wouldn't be the actual seizure of the airplane but the fact that tax money is squandered for private pleasure trips using government property.

Michelle Obama goes off galavanting all over the world spending tens of millions of the taxpayers money, and no one screams about it. Well, at least most people don't. And she travels with a bigger entourage than any royals (except maybe the Saudis).

Michelle Obama using the Airforce 1 for private shopping sprees? If true I am really surprised.

In Germany several careers of high ranking politicians have been destroyed because they only used their bonus miles accumulated during official flights for private trips.

So many countries so many customs....

yeah it's a cultural issue. and the thais as visitors far afield are loosing the game cm by cm :)

didn't quite get the german thinking myself, but now it makes sense - the waste of money either way - pleasure trip(s) on tax payers money be it as a royal gift or 'service by airforce' :)

now glad to hear another fine german company (DB) also didnt get paid for a much more recent project (airport link) LOL. maybe now is a good time to get out their debt collectors? :hmmm:

Thai politicians get to fly for free on Thai Airways. There have been complaints about MPs taking their families on holidays for free. Seems that since it is the government airline, lots of folks travel free.

But Michelle only uses Air Force One when she can work out some angle about government service. e.g.

-BNIf1OInrM

Actually I am surprised that anybody could complain that The wife of the (still) most powerful country travels for free. As I understand she works for The country everday, without earning any money.

That's a huge difference to the Thai pol. who don't do anything without 10% commission...

Archived