Finally reported: Kasit off to Germany to retrieve royal jet

Flashermac

Just happens she is from Chicago. Nobody outside of Chicago really gave a damn.

And Kamui ... THIS time it was on business. But when she goes on holiday, she costs the taxpayers one helluva hunk of money. Mind you, I don't give fruitcake what she does as I don't make enough outside the US to pay taxes, but a lot of folks in the US seem to.

e.g. Her "vacation" in Spain last year:

<< The First Lady's press office referred to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' statement at the White House briefing yesterday that "the First Lady is on a private trip."

"She is a private citizen and is the mother of a daughter on a private trip," he said. "And I think I'd leave it at that."

CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller reports the C-32A (757) the First Lady used to fly to Spain - one of the planes that usually serves as Air Force Two, and sometimes Air Force One - operates at a Department of Defense reimbursement rate of $11,351 per hour.

So a 6.5 hour flight to Spain would run $73,781.50 - double for the round trip. >>

Link

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Kamui ... THIS time it was on business. But when she goes on holiday, she costs the taxpayers one helluva hunk of money. Mind you, I don't give fruitcake what she does as I don't make enough outside the US to pay taxes, but a lot of folks in the US seem to.

<< The First Lady's press office referred to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' statement at the White House briefing yesterday that "the First Lady is on a private trip."

"She is a private citizen and is the mother of a daughter on a private trip," he said. "And I think I'd leave it at that."

CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller reports the C-32A (757) the First Lady used to fly to Spain - one of the planes that usually serves as Air Force Two, and sometimes Air Force One - operates at a Department of Defense reimbursement rate of $11,351 per hour.

So a 6.5 hour flight to Spain would run $73,781.50 - double for the round trip. >>

Link

So what? Shall she stay in the USA during the reign of her husband?

That's what I mean. The USA has become a nation of bean counters.

Link

...but Prez. O is "asking" EVERYONE to make sacrifices for the sake of the debt/budget...guess he forgot about this when he gave 16% pay raises to his staff!!!

1st lady, sacrifices? yeah, tell me another jike...NOT!!!

And Kamui ... THIS time it was on business. But when she goes on holiday' date=' she costs the taxpayers one helluva hunk of money. Mind you, I don't give fruitcake what she does as I don't make enough outside the US to pay taxes, but a lot of folks in the US seem to.

Link

...but Prez. O is "asking" EVERYONE to make sacrifices for the sake of the debt/budget...guess he forgot about this when he gave 16% pay raises to his staff!!!

1st lady, sacrifices? yeah, tell me another jike...NOT!!!

I have a different opinion, but we should stick to LOS in this thread.

I wonder if there will be protests in front of the Germany Embassy? Living in Thailand, I am not sure that most understand that the courts really are independent from the Foreign Ministry and the Government.

The rational thing to do would have been to quietly pay the award or, as offered by the administrator, put up a bond. Unless there were major irregularities in the underlying award - and no one is claiming there were - they cannot be turned over appeal. That is one of the reason arbitration awards are used: to avoid endless delays.

Suppose the Thai government wins on the plane? It's still has a problem. Going forward its going to have to be careful about all of its property outside of Thailand. Financial transactions often need to clear in New York, and that is why arbitration awards against Indonesia are enforced there. This doesn't help Thailand's reputation going forwards.

I guess there is too much face here to do the right thing.

Robert Amsterdam lets fly....

Robert Amsterdam : Statement in Response to Airplane Seizure Rumors

In the week since Thailand’s Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn’s 737 airplane was seized by the German authorities, there have been numerous rumor-based attempts to link me directly to this matter, with claims that I played some role in the aircraft being impounded.

Let me be completely unequivocal on this matter – such fabricated allegations are utterly absurd, have no basis in fact. This kind of rumor-mongering is the product of the over-active imaginations of those who seem unable to let go of the ‘old politics’ that have dominated Thailand since 2006. These persons, who feel far more comfortable with top-down governance against the democratic will of the people, are the same people who are used to dwelling in the darkest gutters of Thai politics, preferring to rely on falsity and fabrication to smear and defame others rather than deal with evidence-based truths. I utterly condemn their actions in this matter and hope, at some point, they are fully revealed to be the disgraceful lying manipulators they most undoubtedly are.

http://www.go6tv.com/2011/07/robert-amsterdam-statement-in-response.html

Archived