Guys Ashamed of Admitting They Married a BG

MooNoi

Was talking to a guy today (one of my clients) about Thailand and ended up getting on to the sanook/mongering scene in LOS.

Ended up chatting about it, and seems like he knew the scene very well - bars, terminology, prices etc.

This guy is married, but was at pains to point out to me that his Thai wife wasn't a bar girl when they met. It was almost as if he has to convince me she wasn't an ex-bg.

I have met other guys like this before.

I remember one guy I talked to told me that he first met his wife when she was "working in a restaurant". Trouble was, he didn't know that I knew that girl when she worked at Tilac Bar a few years previously! :grinyes:

I think the restaurant line's just standard practice and he gets used to saying it. You may be OK with her being an ex bar girl but maybe the guy thinks you might say something to someone, who says something to someone else, etc, and it all comes back to bite him one day. Why risk saying the truth? You don't need to know. That's what I guess he'd be thinking.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly a lot of dynamics at play, what he thinks you might think, or say etc. What she might feel or think. What you might feel about what she might think about what he says. Oh makes me ead urt just finkin about it.

Perhaps think of it like suggesting you check out his wife cos she's got a great rack, and oh man you should see her sweet snatch! People tend to think that saying their significant other at one time would have been happy to sleep with anyone for some cash is just a tad coarse for polite company. And after all we are all polite aren't we.

weird thing is, nobody has come out and asked if my wife was a b/g or not.

One guy asked if she was a mail order bride.

I was quick to point out that, No she was not a mail order bride.

Had one arse when she first came here ask me how much did it cost me for my wife?

I was huh?

Then my brain kicked in and said I did not buy my wife.

weird thing is, nobody has come out and asked if my wife was a b/g or not.

One guy asked if she was a mail order bride.

I was quick to point out that, No she was not a mail order bride.

Had one arse when she first came here ask me how much did it cost me for my wife?

I was huh?

Then my brain kicked in and said I did not buy my wife.

Usually easy to spot ex-Bg`s,but not always.Even if I married one I certainly wouldn`t reveal her past to anybody else.Once made the mistake of telling a teacher at my Thai language school that I met my current GF in a bar.....from then on she seemed less friendly .

So far, among those I have known who have married Thais from a bar, those that acknowledged it (at least to themselves) have had basically successful marriages, and those who did not or could not, have all ended up divorced. It is not something that has to be publicized, and at times it is appropriate to change the subject or outright lie, but you have to be honest with yourself.

A good rule of thumb, as others have mentioned, is there is no need to ask and no need to volunteer. If bumping into a beautiful, young, marriage/girlfriend potential while bumping into her at the MBK door was legit, Nana, Cowboy, and Patpong would all be out of business. You would simply see a line of farang males going in and out of MBK.

I have been amazed at the elaborate lies constructed by some. The more elaborate and romantic the story, the harder it is to keep the lies straight.

As far as a stigma, the woman was working at the bar and the man was there as a customer. It is a little unfair to hold her out to be immoral.

Guest Poom Rak Seh Deang

He should be........ Outside the "entertainment areas" Thai's scorn prostitutes. Infact be it k now many don't like women who marry the Farang. IK, take his money but he is still Farang. So, marry a working stgock girl... Never! Go home and the farang hide the fact, go to the village and they will hide the fact etc.

I go with dirty women and pay then... finit!

Archived