Your mama is so....

Steve

I grew up with those yo' mama jokes but this is no joke.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Top-hoops-prospect-8217-s-mom-pulls-him-from-AA?urn=highschool-wp3733

Top hoops prospect’s mom pulls him from AAU game

Basically, this is a top, top basketball prospect. Ranked 6th in the country and his mom pulled him off the court (she is NOT the coach mind you) after he made two mistakes.

Top coaches were in attendence as well as numerous asst. coaches. Wow. Not sure if I would recruit that guy if his mom is willing to do something like that.

I do recall my mom yelling at the referee from the stands during one of my brother's pop warner football games. He was the baby of the family and her baby boy if that is any excuse (not to us it was at the time).

I do recall having a great debate with numerous diverse friends about which ethnicity/race had the worse mom. My boss was jewish, from NY and after a meeting with our own departments and the MIT department, made small talk and not sure how it came up but I think it was my boss who hated Barbara Boxer because she reminded him of his mother and said something about her. Something non PC (he was Jewish so it was ok..lol) I said 'try having a black mom, I'll trade ya' and I think it started rolling easily after that. We were a bunch of Jewish, black, Italian, Indian, Latino(subcontnent), Korean the rest white, about 10 of us I think (this was in LA). 4 of us were his managers, myself, a latino and couple white guys.

The others were from the IT area and a couple other areas. Cool thing about that company was we all got along pretty well because almost all of us had to go to Atlanta for training for 6 months together and we bonded while there and could pretty much discuss anything without it being taken personally.

My main argument and (and my Italian friend was the only one who could claim likewise) was that the other moms mentally tore you down but we got hit...hard and often... lol AND our mothers would make a scene anywhere, anytime in addition to the mental stuff. Other guys said NOTHING they did was ever good enough. If they got a 98, it was why didnt you get a 100, you were so close. We had a great laugh about it all.

Archived