Screw it - I'm going back to Asia ;)

gobbledonk

I had previously told Coss and others that I was going to stick it out here until I had enough money to go and not have to get on the plane to come back to Oz - predictably, that now seems like a bridge too far.

I hope I have the mix right:

- 2 nights KL

- 4 nights AC (first time PI, but what the hey)

- 2 nights BKK

- 4 nights Pattaya

- 4 nights Chiang Mai

I apologise if I've left anyone out (Vietnam..), but there you have it. Main concern is AC - several people have reported that there isnt a whole lot to do during the day, but Pattaya can be much the same so I'll just go with the flow. Dont know Chiang Mai well enough to know if I will get bored - I just know that having a 'travelling companion' last time ruined it for me. I'm done with taking coals to Newcastle - this time will be strictly business ;)

Feedback most welcome - havent booked all the flights/hotels yet so I'm flexible, at least within the 3 nominated countries.

Gobble

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Patts isnt that bad, particularly since they built Central, but it still seems quite (traffic notwithstanding) if you arent that big on shopping. I like the fact that they have a decent movie complex, but I quickly fell into the trap of drinking from about midday on : makes for a very early evening ;)

Coss, this will seem like a silly question, but I'm assuming that all the hotels in AC are guest-friendly ? I wont be looking at anything 5-star, but I was burnt by a certain Soi 4 establishment 3 years ago when they hit me an extra 500 baht per guest .... Soi freakin 4, for chrissake - did they think single men went there for the ambience in the lobby ?

Yes all friendly, think of AC this way, bars, hotels, food and nothing else to speak of, there is a township nearby and it is a city, but in the general area of the bars, there's not much else.

GD,

If you're going purely for sanook and to meet companions on a day-to-day basis or thereabouts, maybe 4 nights in Chiang Mai will leave you a little ...... lonely? :dunno:

A few massage parlours there, and some beer bars, but not exactly a happy hunting ground for players, unless it's changed since I was last there 3 years ago.

I'd be changing those 4 nights in Changers to 8 nights in Patters. Just me - YMMV.

Archived