Screw it - I'm going back to Asia ;)

gobbledonk

I see where I have been going wrong - unless it has been an especially big night the night b4, I am an early riser. When you are having breakfast at 11:30, I have already been down to Big C (I think its Big C) and generally wandered the streets for several hours ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gobble, just to add to Coss's comments if you think there is'nt much to do in Pattaya during the day (totally disagree with you on that myself as it happens) you'll be lost in AC which has about 1% as much to do during the day!

Simie.

OK, Ok - you win. Last night I flashed back to the 2 nights I spent in Vientiane, and how it felt more like 2 weeks, even with a travelling companion. Short of taking a laptop with about 30 movies on the hard drive, I cant see how those days in AC would be any different. I admit that I enjoy wandering around BKK during the day - Patts a little less so - so I'll reshuffle my itinerary : less time CM, more time BKK - its all good as I havent booked any hotels yet

I see where I have been going wrong - unless it has been an especially big night the night b4, I am an early riser. When you are having breakfast at 11:30, I have already been down to Big C (I think its Big C) and generally wandered the streets for several hours ;)

That is why it is nice to go to Lolitas or Star of Light. I always think better after the pipes have been cleaned. Problem is in a few hours the pipes need to be cleaned again.

Apropos of nothing, I just remembered a funny moment from my first trip to KL. I asked a cab driver where he could take me to 'meet pretty girls', and his excited reply was 'the Bitch Club'. This had his cabbie mates nodding their heads and smiling, and me thinking 'Whoa ! I know things are different here, but the *Bitch Club* ?'. It seemed that political correctness really went out the window in KL ...

Of course, 10 minutes later I found myself outside the thatched roof of the infamous Beach Club wondering what the 'English' language will be like in another 50 years of cross-pollination.

Just booked the KL Hotel - if it was any closer to the Beach Club, they would have a shared wall !

I know - very predictable choice, but it saves me wandering the streets at night. Convenient takeaways are always handy after the rigors of a long-haul (!) flight ;)

coss, I'm afraid I have given in to the naysayers and ditched AC from my itinerary in favour of more time in Pattaya. I realise that it will make for a boring Trip Report, but the days are long and hot enough in Patts, even with a few distractions. Its that memory of Vientiane that really pushed me over the edge - that place made Udon Thani seem like Excitement Central !

Archived