Screw it - I'm going back to Asia ;)

gobbledonk

queensland is very appealing, that pointy bit at the far north east has to be interesting!!!...cairns sounds my cup of tea, a sleepy tropical city????.....anymore advice welcome!

Cairns has very little to offer. Just the stopping off point for the Barrier Reef.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gooble,

sad to see you ditching ac altogether now you will live forever wondering how it might be like whereas a slight sampling of say 2-3 days might be enough to sort you out :p

alternate places yet unvisited might be yangoon or HCMC :hubbahubba:

as to seeing the sun in patts? well I usually tend to get a glimpse or 2 when staggering home in the early mornings lol :evilpumpkin:

Bit late to the party for this old thread, but these are my current thoughts for 2014:

- still want to check out Cebu City, even if 'they will forever have their hands out'

- will revisit PP, Vientiane and possibly Jakarta

- may even check out Seoul when weather permits - no way in northern Winter

- no plans for Burma or Vietnam

Will probably end up in Patts or BKK, but will have the funds and time for other diversions.

I think by the time you 'get here' :) Burma might be rising. Not quite sure how though. Had the naughty nightlife not played the part it most surely did in Thailand's past, and present, I wonder just how much the tourism business would amount to. So what they plan to sell in Burma remains unclear but I would still think there will be more tourism 18 months from now and more to see and do.

It's now mid 2012, you have only 18 months left of your sentence to serve or more?

22 months - I expect to touch down in BKK in late April, 2014, assuming I dont screw around here any longer than I have to. It was originally going to be Dec, 2013, which would have made your estimate correct, but for the sake of 4 months I can ensure that I never have to come back to Oz. April/May will mean I can dodge Winter 2014 and annoying things like school holidays in Oz and tourist high season in LOS.

Fair timing. Do you plan to miss Songkhran, or is that on your to-do list, :(

22 months is still a short time, better start planning. I think from my first visits to SE Asia, to deciding I wanted to be here long term, to actually being here took a little over 10 years.

22 months is still a short time, better start planning. I think from my first visits to SE Asia, to deciding I wanted to be here long term, to actually being here took a little over 10 years.

Bloody Hell RM 10 years, I first landed in SE Asia in 1988 decided I liked it here and have sort of been here ever since.

Archived