Koh Phangan beat-up ...

gobbledonk

I guess with the Australian schoolies still several months away, our news editors had to find something else to frighten mums and dads with:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/article/-/9860584/inside-thailands-full-moon-parties/

excerpts:

- more Aussies die in Thailand than any other OS destination

- apparently drinking from buckets is a ticket to date rape - who knew ?

- apparently getting stoned and trying to leap through flaming hoops can result in very nasty burns - who knew ?

- apparently riding a motorbike whilst hammered can get you killed - who knew ?

About the only 'warning' I thought was valid was the 'stay away from speedboats' bit, but Channel 7 edited the girl's responses for the promo so that it seemed that their lives were endangered at the beach party, not on the boat. The Catholic priest calling locals 'experienced shitheads' was quite funny - clearly he hasnt been to any nightlife precinct in Oz - but the call to extend our nanny state to Thailand was flatout hilarious. I challenge any of the people in the story to go to a rave here in Oz, accept drink and drugs from strangers and give us all a report on how that worked out for them. Morons.

Guest lazyphil

had a oz guy hassle me for my camara (pre mobile phone cams) to photograph the cops who beat him up on samui, he had clearly been badly beaten up, i declined my 21st birthday pres olympus to his disgust with me and i legged it as he got very agitated with me and weighed about 250lbs, looked like a rugby player!

I was in Voodoo in NEP with Josh years ago when some farang came in obviously furious and started screaming at a dancer. He was trying to throw his weight around - all 5'7" of it. Fortunately, several of the BGs pushed him out of the door before the bouncers got to him. Josh and I just looked at each other. Really a brilliant thing to do, come into a gogo bar looking for a fight! :banghead:

had a oz guy hassle me for my camara (pre mobile phone cams) to photograph the cops who beat him up on samui, he had clearly been badly beaten up, i declined my 21st birthday pres olympus to his disgust with me and i legged it as he got very agitated with me and weighed about 250lbs, looked like a rugby player!

So, that was you :beer:

Archived