Stupid questions about LOS

cavanami

Spent the afternoon with my Auntie and cousin. They were going on and on with questions, like:

Do they have air con in LOS?

Do they have highways there?

Do they have trains and a bus system?

After a dozen of such questions, I told my cousin, who has a passport and has traveled outside of the USA, like give me a break, LOS is not some mud-floor swamp country!

Anyone have a similar experience?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the number of Russians I see wandering around Pattaya/BKK, I'm with Flash. I'm beginning to wonder if they've converted a few Antonovs to passenger duty and 'bus' them over for 5000 roubles each ....

(I know - more millionaires in Moscow than any other city on earth - but these aint millionaires ..)

A friend and I were chatting up a couple birds and they asked where we came from. He told them he was from America. Then they looked at me, I showed them my driver's license and they practically started squealing: "Kal-EEE-Fornia!!!" Later one of their friends walked up and eventually asked the same question. The two girls told her to guess.

Australia? No. Sweden? No. America? The two girls told her - yes, his friend, but not him. Where?? He's from CALIFORNIA@!

Oh boy. (Friend was from LA too but we left it where it was).

:)

The only thing people here (US) ask is if I've ever seen 'locked up abroad.' Since a huge chunk of LA is from SE Asia, not many awful questions.

Archived