Should I get an iPad 2 or iMac?

Roscignos

Should I get an iPad 2 or iMac?

I need to choose which one I want for my bday so i can get iPad 2 White (16 GB) or iMac (21.5 in.) ..I know they are both different and hard to compare but which one do you thin is better? I need a computer because my laptop is dying out and i want iMovie. But i also really want an ipad because it is just soo cool and you can play games and change the background etc (i might jailbreak it. @IFoneyou on youtube) alright thanks

[Removed the spam URL - KS]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends if you want to carry it around with you.

The iMac is a great pice of kit and can do an awful lot.

but you cant play with it on a plane

The iPad2 is great for consuming media and traveling, I'd find it difficult to do serious movie editing on it though.

I have an ipad 2, two in fact, one with G3 (it will take ages before Thailand will have country wide G3, but am traveling to Europe next month and test G3) and a wifi only one.

Thus I am eager to pack my G3 in my small carry-on. Results of tests late August.

I consider it a funny gadget item, I browse the net from my sofa on the terrace, read ibooks and play games. I like the on-screen keyboard to reply to mails but would not use the ipad for serious work (I don't do serious work anyway...)

I always loathed laptops, refusing to carry them around. I still use my two main PC's a lot.

Your solution might be to buy both???

Ahhhh, yes, er...

The latest Mac Book Airs are very very good.

The first generation of these machines were OK, but just OK.

Therefore, the latest Mac Book Airs are worth buying.

Unless you were to buy, the higher end and higher specc'd MacBook Pro - which is double in wonderfullness :)

Archived