Should I get an iPad 2 or iMac?

Roscignos

JMHO, the new MacBook airs are "of age", the first gen were OK but these new'uns are the bees knees.

Unless you go for a MacBook Pro, but I think that's outside the brief.

Coss

ha! your interpretation of the above makes me think of that famous scene from Airplane! good to know you speak jive!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Central Mall Chiang Rai this week and was quite impressed.

At 29,990B the impressiveness didn't last though.

My neighbour who knows everything says they don't hold a candle to the cheaper iPad2 which I'll probably end up with.

The big thing with me is battery life, I need something with about 8 or 9 hours book reading or video watching time. I got all excited when news of notebooks with 20 hours usage came out but it turned out to be mostly bullshit.

Hi,

Actually, I think the iPad2 doesn't hold a candle to the Galaxy Tab. Way too many restrictions on the iPad.

I have no interest whatsoever in the iPad2, but have been waiting for the Galaxy Tab. Wasn't aware it was finally available. The price is odd though as they are pretty much the same price as iPads in the West.

Edit: My guess is you saw the price for the top of the range Tab, which compares to the price of the top of range iPad2 (~27K). According to this page the Galaxy Tab starts at 14,900, pretty much identical to the cheapest iPad2.

Sanuk!

I was surprised to see it in a relatively small shop in Chiang Rai, others had the older version which were competitively priced.

I was also surprised at the price because they seemed to be about $700 when I checked them on line.

The 16GB wi-fi version of the new Galaxy Tab is @ 500USD (here). Reports say it has much better screen resolution and a little less battery capacity (7/8 hours Tab vs. 9/10 iPad).

Next month the Toshiba Thrive comes out with user-changeable batteries and support for an SD slot (and a little heavier). If it stacks up would be my pref. Waiting to see the reviews.

http://gadgetian.com/10288/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-specs-price-2/

Specs say 10 hours of video playback time...

I may be having a run to the border tomorrow, if I cross into Burma I'll check out a couple of electronics places I know.

Why don't you have a look in Pantip Plaza?

I saw it in the new Central Mall which opened in May, all the shops are brand new and chock full of stock.

Certainly a nice bit of kit.

Archived