Bangkok Airport Shared Arrival Transfer

36below

i've never heard of this service and never heard from anyone who has:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/bangkok/activities/airport-ground-transfers/bangkok-airport-shared

if anyone knows anything about this operation, would you give it a thumbs up or down?

sounds interesting and i wouldn't mind giving it a try...

also, just found this: the reviews look overwhelmingly good:

http://www.viator.com/showProductReviews.jspa?code=3685BKKAPTHTL&productId=1016&id=1010&productType=SIC&itemKey=33992244&action=update&day=27&month=7&year=2011

Figure it out. US$22.30 is about 670 baht. Taxi to lower Sukhumvit is 300 baht or less fare, 100 baht or less tolls, and 50 baht taxi stand stud fee, for a total of less than 450 baht.

And the taxi goes directly to YOUR hotel.

And the taxi DOESN'T restrict you to one piece of luggage and one carry-on bag.

If you want to spend 670 baht, you can probably get that rate from any of the limo or taxi touts inside the airport, but why would you want to?

Flew in last week, no waiting lines taxi stand lowest floor, paid 290Bto driver including 50B airport surcharge, 25B toll way because early exit and small tip, hotel on Ratchadapisek, downtown near the river might cost you 400B.

No shared vans or airport rail link for me.

yup; sounds like taking the taxi is the way to go and i've taken it many times but here's a true story and it was just my dumb luck.

it happened about a year and a half ago, landed at the airport, got my bags, went through customs, out to the usual taxi stand, tell the lady where i'm going, she writes it down, hands it to the taxi driver, i put my shit in the trunk, we take off and about TEN minutes into the drive, he asks me, "where is your hotel?" WTF! what a stupid question! it's on the damn piece of paper that was given to you. he says he doesn't know where the f hotel is; to make a long, frustrating story short, i tell the ahole to turn around and go back to the airport; he finds the lady who gave him the slip of paper and she explains to him where it is. just my f luck.

i hope no one ever had to deal with s% like that.

on another note, on another trip, my taxi was flying full speed on the highway to my hotel when a car right ahead of ours had the frickin hood fly open! f amazing that the guy didn't crash.

Indeed, I don't think much of the Express rail link: every 40 minutes to Makasan, every 20 minutes direct to Phaya Thai, cost 90B, difficult to get taxi at Makasan, long walk to MRT.

In May I took the city line to Phaya Thai at 45B and transferred to BTS without luggage in the heath.

No thanks, decided on door to door by taxi since.

Especially if you are two people traveling, rail link is not worth the hassle.

Note last week I paid 290B from airport + 25B toll. Down town toll is 25+45 I think.

On the way back from hotel on Ratchadapisek to airport meter showed 210.

Archived