A changing life.

Kiwi

I most probably would not have written this a few years back.

Thailand.

My 30's.

Visited LOS on a whim and a suggestion of Travel Agent.Got the T shirt and package - travelled with my daughter and we had a cracker of a time in Phuket.The Island caught my eye and the 'bug' bit.

My 40's.

No marital partnership now.Took in Bangkok.Did the back pack.Returned 5 times.Each trip an education.

My 50's.

Life's education overtook the 'bug' and I viewed LOS as ''Thailand and a possible opportunity''.Threw all energy into the business and thought of possibilities of retirement in the East - partic. Thailand.Found financial stability and now I venture into another phase of life.

...twas 2003 and two mates and I met in Bangkok.All into our 50's and we believed,educated in life.Toured LOS and ended in Phuket.Great trip.

From that venture - one retired in Pattaya,one threw in the towel and elected to returm to 'homeland' - and I now contemplate LOS as a future home.

I return in November to make the decision.

I often wonder what motivated other expats to move to LOS - and here the Thai 360 Board has been so helpfull.

So to those of you who have 'landed ' in Thailand for good - and those of you who contemplate a move - I find solace in the fact you also see LOS as I do.

Good times.

Kiwi.

"and I now contemplate LOS as a future home.

I return in November to make the decision."

Sounds like me, though Laos is my current destination, LOS and Cambodia and Philippines are plan Bs.

Even Vietnam, or Burma.

Good luck and it sounds like there'll be a number of newly arrived board members, in LOS or nearby, in the months leading up to Xmas, maybe beers and so on will be in order.

I imagine that a large portion of the readers here--seeing as this is a Pussy Forum--originally decided to move to Thailand for the pussy. Nothing wrong with that, though of course, especially if one is smart enough to stay out of a long-term "exclusive" (yeah, right) relationship with a Thai girl, one eventually realizes that one needs more to sustain expat existence in Thailand in the long term.

If you, dear reader, are one of those sad sacks who DID decide to stay in Thailand in an "exclusive" (heheh) relationship with a Thai...well, basically, sucker, you're beyond my help.

But anyway, back to the original, largely philosophical question posed by the OP, I think the draw to Thailand is more than just hot wet hole (though there's that), we're also talking a "push factor" going on from the white bitches back in our countries.

I know this whole "farang woman bashing" thing can take on a kind of comical parody life of its own (note the recent critique of such an attitude on Stickman's site...I expect as much from his quasi-bible-thumping moralistic ass, but I was kind of suprised at the number of e-mails of gutless dweebs who agreed with him and defended the objectionable farang twats he was defending...), but I call your attention to the following:

Angry Female Farang Blog Post on Disgusting Western Males in Thigh Land

This woman certainly has every right to exist, even exist in Thailand, where she is predictably ignored by all males, farang and Thai (and it drives her NUTS!)...but check out the punch line of this particular blog post: she "FINALLY" finds a place in Thailand where guys (clueless drunk backpacker fucks) will actually hit on her...and why is she so happy at this discovery?! Because she's found guys in Thailand she can REFUSE and BLOW OFF.

What the motherfucking FUCK?! And bitches like this (she's not even hot by any stretch of the imagination, so I can only imagine the gross creatures who would actually hit on her...but still...) wonder why normal guys flee their Western countries for Thailand, so they can actually meet women and DO something with them...??

Like I said, I'm not usually one to join the "farang women hater" crowd, but after reading what this bitch writes, I gotta say it makes a lot more sense now...and, um, Stickman looks even more like his usual totally clueless, head-up-his-ass expounder of mindless drivel for defending the cunts...

Back in my Peace Corps training we had gals admit they'd volunteered in hopes of landing a husband. They figured their chances would be better outside the USA. Boy, did they go to the wrong country! Right from day one, most of the gals started pulling this we-are-better-than-you and if-you-are-lucky-I'll-talk-to-you crap. To their shock and horror, they found the guys' reaction was to ignore them and head for the bars. The gals apparently had a meeting at the end of training to discuss what to do. They'd discovered the guys would rather shag a cute hooker for money than have them for "free". Several refused to be sworn in and went home. Not one guy in my PC group married a PC gal. Four married Thais, and eventually five more ended up with an Asian wife (Thai or Japanese).

Every western woman should be forced to spend some time in SE Asia to learn she is not the most desirable creature on earth simply because she is white and has a cunt. I made the mistake of mention the subject a female colleague a few years ago. She flew into a tirade about how "disgusting" western men were and how hard it was to be a white cow (not her words) in Thailand. I wish I could have taped it. I wanted to suggest that if she lost 10 kilos and didn't dress like her clothes came from the Salvation Army store, she might have better luck with the guys ... but I had no death wish. ;)

Angry Female Farang Blog Post on Disgusting Western Males in Thigh Land

This woman certainly has every right to exist, even exist in Thailand, where she is predictably ignored by all males, farang and Thai (and it drives her NUTS!)...but check out the punch line of this particular blog post: she "FINALLY" finds a place in Thailand where guys (clueless drunk backpacker fucks) will actually hit on her...and why is she so happy at this discovery?! Because she's found guys in Thailand she can REFUSE and BLOW OFF.

What the motherfucking FUCK?! And bitches like this (she's not even hot by any stretch of the imagination, so I can only imagine the gross creatures who would actually hit on her...but still...) wonder why normal guys flee their Western countries for Thailand, so they can actually meet women and DO something with them...??

Like I said, I'm not usually one to join the "farang women hater" crowd, but after reading what this bitch writes, I gotta say it makes a lot more sense now...and, um, Stickman looks even more like his usual totally clueless, head-up-his-ass expounder of mindless drivel for defending the cunts...

Actually this women's rant consists of two parts:

She realizes that she is no competition to Asian women at all. And that she can play the "you are not worth of me" game only with drunk men she despises anyway - men who actually otherwise never would have hit on her.

She splits LOS into her personal comfort zone where everything is fine and a terrible 'parallel' Thailand. But in her eyes this 'parallel' Thailand only exists for tourists and expats. I guess she doesn't know anything about the Thai society and has missed the news and events of the past decade, otherwise she would know that the worst enemies of the Thais are other Thais.

What Coss said.

I read that chick's webpage. I found myself comparing her with various Thai women I have met, and a few I didn't really meet. I almost wrote her a response, pointing out that she was so-so attractive and High Maintenance, and she was trying to compete with women who were GORGEOUS and LOW-to-ZERO Maintenance.

Her story of blowing off the guy who invited her for a scooter ride was a hoot. Just about every Thai girl in the country would have taken him up on the invitation, knowing he was overwhelmingly likely to be a Good Guy. (Being able to fly halfway around the planet to visit Thailand is one hell of a filter.)

We had a feminazi in my Peace Corps group, a gal who loudly declared that American men were all good for nothing. She then threw herself at one of our Thai language teachers. The guy used to wave at us and laugh, showing the pack of condoms he'd bought so he could screw her brains out. She managed to get assigned to the teacher college in his home province, Phuket. When she got there, she found that her PC colleague would be the gal the guy had been banging in the group the year before. ;)

I don't think western women do feel that they're less attractive. Or perhaps they don't care? Whatever it is, I see lots of western women living around my area. While I can see obvious reasons why western guys come to Thailand, I can't see the ones for western women. Cheap spas and nail salons? The shopping?

I came across a site called chickynet for expat women based in Thailand and I clicked on a few of the articles. One was called something like "Do you ever get the stink eye living in Thailand?" and was talking about how western guys tended to give western women in Bangkok the 'stink eye' when they saw them. One comment said "I don't know why. It's not as if we're taking away from their pool of sex slaves"! :D I found that really funny, first as a sharp one-liner that would make me laugh out loud if I heard it but it's also true in a way that backfires on her. Because if western guys aren't thinking of them as part of a potential sex pool, that means they ain't that attractive!

I was going to reply to the comment on that blog, going to say that I thought western women gave western guys the stink eye more and also that they didn't seem to be much better in their treatment of Thais, treating the place as a cheap spa/shopping destination, taking advantage of the cheap labour there, most of them didn't mix with the Thais and at least the guys with Thai bargirls on their arms did that. (I looked at the first ten members 'interviews' on the site and they all said things about living in Thailand for 2 years or more but they couldn't speak Thai, etc...) But life's too short.

Archived