cheap tennis in bkk?

36below

you guys remember the siam inter-continental hotel when it was still there years ago? well, on one of my old trips, i went there with just my clothes and tennis shoes. i asked if i could use a court and pay for the court, a hitting partner, balls and water. it was really decent; i think i paid about $30? (but my memory sucks so i could be way off; i just remember thinking that it was a price i could live with.)

anyway, i don't think i'll play a lot but i was wondering if there's a place that's easy to get to where i could pay for a hitting partner and play for an hour or two (i'm sure i can't play longer than that in the bkk heat).

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

it doesn't seem like anyone here is really into tennis so i'll just say that i found a great place. the courts are a bit of crap BUT the staff's nice, and it's just an easy walk from thong lo on soi 38. paid for a coach to hit with, a ball boy, a court and the use of a racket and the price was about $25. that was just to get my foot in the door; have met some players so the next time, i can just pay for the court and play for fun without paying for a coach.

but as you can imagine, it's damn hot! they've got 3 covered courts so that's the place to be during the day.

i sweated buckets today and it's amazing i could still get an erection after two hours of getting my ass kicked... oh yeah; i can see it coming; another bum joke!

Archived