Thai Bank Checks

cavanami

maybe this should be in the "Stupid Questions" thread, but...

Is it common to get a bank check from a Thai bank so as to deposit it in another Thai bank?

I want to move xxxK Baht from bank x to bank z and do not want to get a two meter stack of cash to carry over to the other bank.

In the USA it is common and free to get the bank to issue you a cashier or bank check, so thus the question for LOS... :dunno:

Guest HonoluluJimmy

many banks can do a xfer... check with the specifics.... at your branch. Remember now that all branches don't the same authority to do different things. Not to forget rule 1 TIT.

I often do it in OZ, when they change the introductory interest rate, internal transfer to my cheque account, write my own cheque, and deposit it into the other bank ... surely you could do the same as there, and that way, it never actually leaves your hands :beer:

Mr. Lazy here...checking on an online xfer:

Transfer Fee:

- 25 Baht per transaction for amount less than or equal to 20,000 Baht.

- [color:red]35 Baht per transaction[/color] for amount greater than 20,000 Baht [color:red]up to 50,000 Baht[/color].

...and I need to xfer more then 50,000 Baht, so online not an option.

The charge is 25 baht! It is more expensive to go to a bank and get a cheque and go to the next bank and deposit it there.

For my modelling agency I deal with this often.

Cheques take 1 working day to clear unless you pay an extra 35 baht "insurance".

Electronic transfer is at a maximum per day, but you can phone your bank and ask them to raise the limit.

Waerth

This is Kasikorn:

- 35 Baht per transaction for amount greater than 20,000 Baht up to 50,000 Baht.

So I need to xfer 500K Baht, so at their pricing (unless they can change something), I would pay for 10 xfers, 350 Baht.

Sounds like I need to go to the bank and have a chat with them.

Archived