Bad Two Weeks

Mekong

A couple of weeks ago I went to suffering chest pains and, as suspected, X-Ray revealed a broken seventh rib.

Also gave me blood test and since I am now living with a new woman I requested they also test for STD's and HIV. The results came back clean but I was diagnosed of having the classic Asian virus Hepatitis B. Hep B cannot be cured but it can be controlled by medication

Had the ultrasound and fortunately no cancer just a slight infection to the liver, Kidneys, Pancreas, Spleen and Gallbladder all healthy. Because of the Hep B I stopped drinking on the spot.

Fast forward to last Wednesday, one moment I was lying on couch watching TV and the next thing I knew I came to on a stretcher in the back of ambulance surrounded by three paramedics with an Oxygen mask on being rushed to hospital, fortunately BNH is literally just around the corner from my apartment.

It transpires that I had had a Heart Seizure and spent overnight in Intensive Care Unit hooked up to all sorts of machines and more needles in my body than a porcupine has on its back, the morphine drip was good. Yesterday morning had EEG (Electroencephalography) brain test, they found one and it was and amazingly it was not damaged.

I didn't realise as such, but going from being a moderate drinker to teetotal is one of the main causes that triggers a Heart Seizure. I must have received the best medical advice ever from my cardiolagist, drink 3 pints a day for 2 weeks, then down to 2 1/2 for 2 weeks, then down to 2 and so on to slowly wean myself off it.

Apart from the busted rib, which really does hurt, I am feeling no other side effects. On the bright side the Doc prescribed me Dihydrocodeine (DF 118 in UK), well I actually asked for him to prescribe it, he was rather taken aback I was aware of 4,5-alpha-epoxy-3-methoxy17-methylmorphinan-6-ol, one of the most effective painkillers going.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how did you get a busted rib?

I also stopped drinking recently. Went from 2 pints or so a day, everyday, more on weekends, to zero. In a month I lost about 1kG but no other noticeable effects.

Get well man, keep shagging.

RM

I busted most of my ribs about 30 years ago in a bad Motorcycle accident whilst racing Isle of Man TT's and anyone who has ever had busted ribs will tell you they never fully heal. My latest one was funny, I spotted a chic with a cute ass and was more intent on looking at that than seeing where I was going, walked right into a power pole chest first, my lady friend could not stop laughing at me. She is a very intelligent woman with a wicked sense of humour.

Coss

Reducing / Stopping alcohol consumption may seem a bit drastic, but not as drastic as dying would be, I would rather live the next 30 years sober than die in 5 years pissed.

In the words of Black Sabbath I am sick of -iDF6ohr0c8

Yesterday was the past and tomorrow moves on.

Kong

My latest one was funny, I spotted a chic with a cute ass and was more intent on looking at that than seeing where I was going

Couldn't think of a better way to break a rib! Well done Mekong, get well soon and hope to catch up soon over there. We can swap funny dog stories.

Archived